Why Hello Thar

heinrad

Car
Ford Focus 1.6 LX
Hi all,

I'm a bit late to the driving party, passed my test earlier this year, but am having some fun with my second hand mark 1 Focus.

My first car was a mark 1 Megane which died a death when a weld on a water pipe disintergrated and it killed the head gasket.

Anyhow, I was drawn here by the MPG calculator and i'm now looking to upgrade my Focus a bit.

Nice to meet you all.

I have updated my profile with a bit of blurb.

At the moment, I need an oil change and a fix to the clutch slip that I have, after that i'm going to give it a full service to get the most out of what I've got. After that, the exhaust looks knackered, so I may go for something above stock with that.

I don't want to touch the exterior too much as I adore the natural look of the MK1 Focus and I don't want to spoil it with OTT body mods.

Those are my plans so far.

Hi there and welcome. Nice to have you along and glad you've made good use of the MPG calculator. What sort of MPG do you get from your car? Have you managed to improve this much by altering your driving style?

You know, I've not thought too much about what to do afterwards. I usually start tinkering away, then I notice something else I can do and before you know it I've changed half the engine. I was hoping to pick up a few ideas from browsing the forum.

As for my MPG, I was regularly hitting 40-44MPG with my Megane during the summer months, with the Focus its been around 35MPG, which I'm sure I'm wasting a lot of fuel with an uneconomical clutch.

Do you carry much boot junk? Just easing off with the brake and accelerator will make a big difference. Stick with 1/3 - 2/3 throttle and you'll be quids in fuel wise.

You'll get more than a few ideas from us! We've had people thinking about an induction kit and then going away to do an engine swap!;)

I'm sure you'll find loads of ideas on here mate we are a mad bunch but we don't bite.;) So if you've got any questions mate fire away an I'm sure someone will be able to help you out...:D:D:D

My boot is empty most of the time, usually just the bags I take to work and training and a small bottle of oil.

I'm not that heavy on either pedal either, but my ever worsening clutch and heavy traffic will take its toll I guess.

I doubt i'm going to go for an engine swap :bigsmile: I don't see the point on trying to make a 1.6 a world beater, especially when I have my eyes on upgrading to the new RS ;)

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back