Who is the trendiest car maker

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Which car maker would you say is the trendiest? I guess we are after a car maker that in the main targets younger people across most of it's range rather than just having one or two trendy cars in their range.

My suggestion would be Seat. They offer a bright yellow colour and have a wide slection of "funky" cars without having the VAG "old man" image attached to them.

Do you think another maker more aptly fits the "trendiest car maker".

i say 100% Nissan

they have everything really

from the micra (new shape) for girlie girls

Primera GT

Pulsar GTIR

Supra

300zx

350z

and on and on and on :)

:):):)

Renault, a few years ago, megane (ass) vel satis, avatine (or whatever) Clio, espace. all so different from the usual look a like brands, And TVR were very radical for a while. In all i'd say French cars were the most radical, tracion, ds etc

No jap maker can ever be trendy. Everybody knows that. No soul. Supras, Skylines etc aren't trendy. They're designed from a 10 year-olds fantasy of what a cheap sports car should look like but often driven by 40-year-old men with enough money to mid-life crisis them into 400bhp and Veilside bodykits. Don't get me wrong there's nothing wrong with that and I'll be having some Jap animal in a couple of years but that's because I don't car about having a "trendy" car. Towards 30 though I'll be looking towards M5's and RS4/6's rather than something that's come out of a cereal box.

I think Seat was a good shout but it has to be Fiat imo with the Abarth Grande Punto, 500 and even the Panda.

No jap maker can ever be trendy. Everybody knows that. No soul. Supras, Skylines etc aren't trendy. They're designed from a 10 year-olds fantasy of what a cheap sports car should look like but often driven by 40-year-old men with enough money to mid-life crisis them into 400bhp and Veilside bodykits. Don't get me wrong there's nothing wrong with that and I'll be having some Jap animal in a couple of years but that's because I don't car about having a "trendy" car. Towards 30 though I'll be looking towards M5's and RS4/6's rather than something that's come out of a cereal box.

I think Seat was a good shout but it has to be Fiat imo with the Abarth Grande Punto, 500 and even the Panda.

The 240z and gt2000 were jap class

Classier than most other jap motors yes. I do adore the 240Z though, love to RB26 one. So many cars so little time! Again, I have great respect and liking for many japs cars, but I've always been a realist at heart :bigsmile:

Never owned a Jap car myself - despite the price, figures, performance etc I couldn't get past that the interior, the place you spend most time, is often crafted from what looks like recycled milk crates and wheelie bin lids.

I believe the seat designer arrived from Lamborgini,still a class designer though.The trendiest car maker 'at the moment',which is the definition of trendy i.e. right now,has to be Audi.Look at the S5,TT,A4,R8.They started the trend of LED running lights which everyone else is copying.

Probably Renault in the mass market. Although I'm not overly fond of Renaults in general they have a habit of releasing stylish and innovative cars.

If Renault made a concerted (and sucessful) effort to improve long term reliability and long term running costs they'd have a range of products to challenge every other maker in the mass market sector.

if he did work for alfa seat must be paying him more as they are better
i have never liked a alfa think they just look wrong would never own one

My mistake Luc Donckerwolke was Lamborghini design chief. A couple of years ago I had the fortune to own a Renault 25 Monaco, the interior was designed by the same person who did the Countach, The 25 had the best interior in a car that I have ever been in, http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/ImgGalleryTn/20/13320/3585_7570.jpg

I personally don't see Alfas as being ugly (I hope to own a 105 Giulia Coup very soon) But everyone to thier own. (I actuually see most other marques as ugly compared)
Landrover will allways look good.

I believe the seat designer arrived from Lamborgini,still a class designer though.The trendiest car maker 'at the moment',which is the definition of trendy i.e. right now,has to be Audi.Look at the S5,TT,A4,R8.They started the trend of LED running lights which everyone else is copying.

Audi for me is the default choice for people with no imagination, The style is so predictable and does nothing for me, even Audi drivers have a stigma....

Audi for me is the default choice for people with no imagination, The style is so predictable and does nothing for me, even Audi drivers have a stigma....

Agree 100%. So glad I went for the Alfa instead of an A3 or beemer. Then again, there a lot of people out there who just want "a car" and/or buy into the badge despite being able to get the same car with a much better looking shell and interior from Seat or VW.

How can you say this about the classic Alfa GTV and Spyder?

think they will be the only classic's cant see these newer one getting to old must break down and go wrong big time within 3 years

all suffer from wiring burning out ect

but then can say it about most cars like ford every one knows they rust
renault and citroen well they are just french lol

but think most german cars seem to go on for ever and last well

think they will be the only classic's cant see these newer one getting to old must break down and go wrong big time within 3 years

I know plenty of Alfa owners that have had very little if any at all mechanical problems and no break downs with their "newer" cars. Myself included.

all suffer from wiring burning out ect

but then can say it about most cars like ford every one knows they rust
renault and citroen well they are just french lol

but think most german cars seem to go on for ever and last well

Where have you been for the last ten years? Ford don't rust anymore. Trust me.

Skoda is certainly becoming trendy, now they've shrugged off their ugly/slow image.

What with the Yeti this year, finally going to see a Superb Estate sometime in 2010 (paper article said Feb.), fastest growing manufacturer in Europe...