Which site do you use

We started with the .co.uk then we redesigned the site and moved it all to the .com name. I've since made some changes to the front page and we now have 2 sites listed in Google for a lot of searches so I'm thinking of splitting the site and creating some UK and international content (subtle things like spellings tire and hood, trunk, fender etc....) The forum will have to remain .com though;)

There are some old sections around on the .co.uk like the www.torquecars.co.uk/vw section.

I use the .com site...

One thing that has helped my MX site in the Google rankings is our free RSS feed. You already have a news section so if other sites could display that through RSS then each article is an external link back to you..

Also you can now stick Adsense into a feed !

Splitting the site sounds like a good idea but wouldn't it double your work load??

We started with the .co.uk then we redesigned the site and moved it all to the .com name. I've since made some changes to the front page and we now have 2 sites listed in Google for a lot of searches so I'm thinking of splitting the site and creating some UK and international content (subtle things like spellings tire and hood, trunk, fender etc....) The forum will have to remain .com though;)

There are some old sections around on the .co.uk like the www.torquecars.co.uk/vw section.

If our cousins from across the pond can't cope with seeing these words spelt correctly, then that should be their problem :)

Also, splitting the content risks losing the international flavour we have now.

If our cousins from across the pond can't cope with seeing these words spelt correctly, then that should be their problem :)

Also, splitting the content risks losing the international flavour we have now.

I can't help but concur with Mr Git - I like the fact that we can converse with Johnny Foreigner about cars in the relative safety of our native lands.

And if I'm on Holiday I don't have to remember which site to go on. To be honest I type in co.uk, I hadn't noticed I'm redirected to .com

I can't help but concur with Mr Git - I like the fact that we can converse with Johnny Foreigner about cars in the relative safety of our native lands.

And if I'm on Holiday I don't have to remember which site to go on. To be honest I type in co.uk, I hadn't noticed I'm redirected to .com

Not sure if I read this too quickly but I thought the forum would stay the same - so we could still have our discussions with Johnny Foreigner.. it was just the rest of the site would split and that content would be directed more to the US etc

Waynne...am I being blonde???

You are right - the forum will stay the same. No way am I going to run to 2 forums!

I was just thinking of splitting the rest of the site and essentially covering the same topics with an international Bias. For example our Best first car has a very UK bias and mentions insurance etc. Internationally the article is of very little value. It could be re written to take into account of other countries insurance systems and vehicles options.

This will broaden the appeal of the site and make the forum even busier. Trouble is it will be a hell of a lot of work.

The Forum,

seems to be very much a UK one. Regardless of web address.
As OG mentioned; I don't understand why the spell-checker is not in English.
Majority rules, not?

I think my bookmark is .com however any other time I just type Torquecars into Google & click on the first link, however it depends if I gone on google.co.uk or google.com I suppose :lol:

I never realised there were two sites, yet in my adress bar on my mac is .com and on here .co.uk (.com now though as internet explorer refused to open .co.uk earlier)

The Forum,

seems to be very much a UK one. Regardless of web address.
As OG mentioned; I don't understand why the spell-checker is not in English.
Majority rules, not?

I will look into the spell checker sid & og. I think it is a browser extention so managed at the user end but I will see what I can turn up. I tend to stick with the Google toolbar spell checker.