which petrol additive

aston

The Torque Meister
Car
VOLVO and VW
hi all,my petrol car broke down 10 months ago with an ignition problem and a full tank of fuel. I've recently repaired the ignition and now it starts, ticks over and revs great however if I put my foot down in neutral its gasping. I've been told the fuel filter can dry and block from lack of fluid movement also the fuel looses its goodness fairly quickly.
a mechanic today told me to try an aditive in the fuel.Ii read 99% of these additives do nothing so which does work and which will help my problem?
cheers all

IF the problem is fuel supply then I would drain the tank to see if there is water from condensation ,remove the fuel pick up from the tank to check the filter, remove the fuel lines at the motor and blast compressed air thru the lines AFTER removing the engine bay OR any in line filters Reconnect everything using new filters an retest to see if the problem is gone.

You may want to have the injectors cleaned and tested as well to eliminate the possibility of poor fuel flow due to partially blocked injectors .

Have the fuel pump tested for flow.

Fuel does deteriorate, petrol rapidly than diesel. I am not sure that this is necessarily a fuel issue but try an additive anyway. Id' go for Wynns Dry Fuel given the storage.