where to start

Hi all im hoping this thread well get loads of attention as regards to how I should start my project old school ford dragster
it would be cool to see plenty of debates as well to get the perfect pointers
im going to start from scratch with the chassis so need to no if I should be using alloy or steel and box or tubular for my first attempt im not aiming for a ten second car
butt may be 13/15 second car would be nice butt im thinking engine and suspension would only be a ten k budget so ill take what seconds I can get this time the car shell I would like old school ford butt that will come to light in the next month or two I will add moee thaughts to this as they come to mind butt for now I look forward to hereing what u guys have to say may be that budget is a joke

Hi and welcome

If aiming for 13 seconds there is no need to go to the expense and trouble of building a chassis, the existing will be fine (with some localised strengthening perhaps).

What old Fords are you considering? Any thoughts on engine and gearbox?

Hi old git
13 seconds is the aim really for my first budget engine and transmission wyse
im hoping to get a chassis and shell suited to keep for the duration but change the rest down the line
engine wise and would like a big block ford providing I can still afford a transmission to suit
as for the shell im thinking of maybe letting my boy have his way and use a zephyr

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back