Where do you look for cars to buy

wizzer

Road Burner
Car
VW Golf 2.0 TDi
If you were looking for a car where would you look?

I tend to buy cars off mates which seem to be bargains. I know some fellas that search the classified ads until something comes up to tempt them. There are a few that go round all of the dealerships as well kicking tyres.

What is your method of buying a car? Do you narrow it down to one model first or just buy what seems right at the time you need a car?

I pour over performance and economy stats, read reviews and narrow it down to a specific model.

I tend to go for high spec models with lots of extras, in the used market you don't pay much more for these options and they do make a car very much nicer to live with (leather seats, arm rests, upgraded ICE, dealer option packs etc...)

Then I search the web until I find that one model in good condition with a low mileage and decent price.

Sadly most private sellers inflate the value of their car by 20% and refuse to budge until they have had it sitting around for a month.

I cross reference honest john reviews with what car used car reviews, then normally read the huge arguments on pistonheads and nice conversations on singletrack forum regarding certain cars then ebay and autotrader for the search, sometimes gumtree but a lot of obviious scammers there