Whats your mileage?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What is the lowest/highest in any car you have owned long term and then your current cars mileage? (or KM if you have this instead on your trip counter) I'd be interested to know at what point you started getting more repair bills.

Here are mine,

34,000 lowest highest 125,000 current 67,000

Cars seem to start struggling at 70,000 needing repairs in my experience - so what about you guys? Would you buy a car with over 100,000?

Depends what car, something of a Japanese tuner style car, yeah maybe, but very subject to sight of car.

Lowest - 0 :D

Highest - 47500

Currently - 1500

^.^

The E34 was probably the best 5 series ever. I had a couple of month's use of a 540i with a manual box (yes, I'm a hypocrit as in another thread I've banged on about how I like automatics) but the manual turned the 540 into something that could get near 30mpg if you were fairly restrained!! What it did do though, was make a lovely lovely noise when you booted it.!!!!!

Yeahhhh, those were the days!!

Incidentally - the Nissan didn't break down, I just got bored of the colour and sold it on.

Not being rude but you can't but a car that actually has 0 on the clock. By the time it has rolled off the producton line, into a storage lot, onto a transporter to the docks, onto a container boat, off a container boat into another storage yard, back onto a transporter, off the transporter, round the dealership a couple of times to be valeted and PDI'd and road tested after the PDI, most cars have between 6 and 15 on the clock when they roll out of the dealership with their first owner. Evry new KIA that passes through our place gains at least 4 miles before t is sold and sometimes even registered. Sorry.

We'll let them have 0 if it was new. I can only dream of owning a new car. :(

I have seen cars in showrooms with 0 on the clock so it depends when you count ownership from, the day you pay for it or the day you drive it away. ;)

HDI - you changed a car because ....... "YOU GOT BORED OF THE COLOUR!" ...... that is the most girly reason I have ever heard for changing a car :lol:

I know, that was a bit of a weak moment. Even worse, I went and bought a diesel to replace it, and I used to hate the things. Should've been back to the GP a bit sooner!

These are rough because I can't remember exactly....

Highest: 98000 (My old Corsa)
Lowest: 12000 (My Civic)
Current: 13000 (My Civic)

Oh dear HDI, worst reason for selling a car..... ever!

Last edited:
I've still got the diesel pug - the one I sold was a bottle metallic green Nissan Primera (2.0 petrol 16v).

I want another 100,000 miles out of the Pug yet - it's staying. And it's not green. It does need a clutch soon, getting a bit slippy but apart from that I still like it.