What up all?

MC707

Tuner
Car
Megane 1.6 RT 16v
Hi everyone. I am Mario, from Ecuador. I will copy-paste my account details to describe my current situation :p

Mario said:
Current Cars Mods:
I plan on putting an exhaust sound booster (ricer, I know :p), a bigga spoiler, twin racing stripes, single or dual turbos, racing rims (wider and with bigger radius), and neon lights under the car.
About:
I had an event with one I thought was a 'friend', which forced me to abandon my old ride. So I got my dad's old ride and he got a new one. I got a Renault Megane Classic 1.6 RT 16v. The car was dirty as hell both inside and outside, full of papers, dead grass in the floor (sticks to the shoes when the car is parked in a grass lot), dust and yet again more papers. Some days ago (sept '09) I went and gave the car an awesome cleanup. So, I just realized my car is cooler than I thought despite being quite old, so I wanna add some nice eye-candy and a single or dual turbos (to prevent my ride from being a ricer)
So, I will give my car some new life. I need pro help and so I joined the forums. Pleased to meet you all!

Hello there and a warm welcome to TorqueCars, good to have you along. Are you planning mainly styling mods for this or are you into power as well?

How much are you looking to spend on it and are you planning to do the work yourself?

Thanks for the welcome both of you.
Hello there and a warm welcome to TorqueCars, good to have you along. Are you planning mainly styling mods for this or are you into power as well?

How much are you looking to spend on it and are you planning to do the work yourself?
Well, I really don't want a ricer... so I will go for mods and powah as well.

I am hoping my car already has a turbo so I can replace it with a more powerful one (I read in TorqueCars that putting a new turbo in a natural aspirated car is much more expensive). I am really noob at doing mods (never done any modding other than putting a sticker in the window xD), so I think I will leave it for the mechanic dude to do the mods. However, I do want to learn how things work and I appreciate any suggestions, since the mechanic will be doin' the job, I don't want him charging me humonguous amounts of money or messing up my ride in any way.

I also read a lot yesterday the TorqueCars website, and I am also planning on adding a quick shift kit, a boost controller once the turbo is installed, I guess an intercooler too, and finally a spoiler. I will probably put a small turbo, since my city is small as hell and so you really can't reach the high revs in the latter shifts, as well as the fact that I kinda like drag racing more. Maybe putting dual turbos could be an option as well, if anybody got suggestions and how much money it will cost me, thanks.

I can also add that I might not be able to spill much money for the modifications (college student, enough said ;))

Thanks again. Regards

hello and welcome to torque cars and the quiz ( Fridays are a bummer as is movies ) so the rest of the week is general stuff good luck with your project

I do believe that your car is Naturally Aspired therefor adding a Turbo will cost you alot of money. The easiest option for more power would be an engine swap.
Ow man, I guess I'll have a ricer for a year or so. I'll save some money and buy myself my dream car by then (used but nice).

Oh and BTW, how much do you think an engine swap would cost?

hello and welcome to torque cars and the quiz ( Fridays are a bummer as is movies ) so the rest of the week is general stuff good luck with your project
Indeed, my 3/10 result for movies shows my 'movie IQ' is pretty low. I dun care that much about movies, though.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back