What is possible with a SkyActive 2.2-D engine and what not?

B53FELLE

Car
Mazda CX-8
Hey guys I just wants to say hello. I’m living in Japan and owning a Mazda CX-8 SkyActiv 2.2-D . I’m serious with updating the engine power. Thought about 650Nm (479lbf.ft). Does anyone knows what is the maximum torque of the new SkyActiv D transmission what the transmission can handle without any problems? Also how much torque can the engine take without changing pistons and connecting rod?

Hello and welcome :D |B

Have you searched Mazda specific forums for any info re power upgrades for the SkyActiv diesels ?
Diesel pistons and rods are generally stronger than their petrol counterparts due to the higher combustion pressures of any compression ignition engine.

Hello and welcome :D |B

Have you searched Mazda specific forums for any info re power upgrades for the SkyActiv diesels ?
Diesel pistons and rods are generally stronger than their petrol counterparts due to the higher combustion pressures of any compression ignition engine.

Thank you very much. Yes that’s what I thought about the engine as well. Diesel engines are really easy to tune. I searched in some German Mazda specific forums but they’re not really sure about. I have some experiences with BMW and VW engines, but they don’t have this high compression ratio like a SkyActiv D engine. About the gearbox I found some specs but also here my informations are very limited due to that the gearbox is a own build of Mazda. Until now nobody could tell me the maximum torque of the new Diesel gearbox where it runs still stable. I also didn’t found any tuner who ever touched these gearboxes to make them stronger.
Do you have any idea?

Hello and a very warm, welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin!

Turbo swap to a hybrid or something larger and remap and you'll see a significant power gain.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back