what are K1 Racing leads?

TypeR-Fusion

Tuner
I have heard about this and was thinking of putting one in my Civic Type R. Are they practical and good. I was told they work very well with induction kits but dont know how true this is. Would they work just as good without? I would be very grateful if you could shed some light on this. Many thanks :)

All a lead has to do is carry the spark to the plugs. Some are fitted with 'clever' resistors that allegedly let the current build up to give a stronger spark :? Personally I don't think racing leads are worth the money - any good quality set of leads will do a good job - BUT racing leads to look very cool under the bonnet! So if you want to look cool - go for it but don't expect to notice any difference unless your current (pardon the pun!) leads are pretty shot and useless.

about K1 racing leads

:D My leads are in fairly good condition. But one thing I dont understand and something I get so annoyed about is why then do these companies who market products like K1 racing leads claim that it improves throttle, bhp etc!!! I cant stand hyped up advertising. On this note would your opnion be the same regarding fancy spark plugs?

Misleading marketing winds me up something chronic :evil: and that is partly why I started this site to stop people wasting as much money as I did. Boxes that show a 50 bhp increase and then you notice it was on a 1000 bhp drag race car tuned to perfection and when you fit the part to your own car you find it actually loses power!

I'm going to go out on a limb and actually recommend fancy plugs. Why? As plugs get used a coating builds up on the contacts which degrades their conductivity eventually if it gets really bad causing a misfire - good quality plugs do not suffer as much from this and it saves cleaning the plugs with a wire brush once a month! I have used quad electrode plugs but as I tend to open up the gaps to give a bigger spark they were a pig to get the same gap all round.

I'm a Man on a Mission! 8) - Tell all your mates about us - we always like to see new faces and we've got some exiting developments in store as well :wink: .

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back