Vietnam Driving License

dpsubaru

The Torque Meister
Car
Subaru WRX Turbo 04
thought this might be of interest.

Contrary to TG's experience about the motorbike license in Vietnam obtaining a car license is very much harder, in some ways, more so than in the UK.

My wife is currently trying to get hers at present and has just sat the first, of two, theory tests which will be followed over the next 2 weeks with two practical tests.

Pass rate for the theory is min 27/30 (non culmulative), if you fail one of the four parts you need to reset the whole test again!

For the practical, no instructor sits next to you, instead the car has sensors placed all over it and you must drive around a set area with hill starts, traffic lights, reversing areas etc... all the usual issues but their is no leeway in this, you must adhere the the restrictions set by the computer. The likes of stalling at the lights etc... comes up as a fail.

I think I'd prefer that, you get concentrate on the test without having think about a person sitting next you & what have they just written on their clip board. :)

one other point, you clearly cant take your own car to this so therefore you have to use the govt appointed 50 year old piece of crap. Yet to see what it is but will find out in early Jan. (but one of the cars has a hole in the footwell where all the stupid cows wearing high heels have worn the floor away!!)