vauxhall 2.0 16v c20xe tuning/engine advice

leew73

Car
astra
Just purchased 2.0 16v c20xe
running a bit flat,has anyone any tuning advice to improve performance.
want some performance cams at the right price,any online places available?

Just purchased 2.0 16v c20xe
running a bit flat,has anyone any tuning advice to improve performance.
want some performance cams at the right price,any online places available?

sadly the redtops are showing there age now. other than a really good service and cleaning out the icv (cheap). things start to get expensive:( the most typical mods are chip, exhaust, manifold, larger top hat

my gsi had a scorpion exhaust with decat and star chip and this only gained 17 hp & 15 lb/ft torque at a price of £550

just curious which mk astra do you have???

It is an astra g van with the c20xe engine in it.It started life as a diesel and it still has the original gearbox in it.I dont think this would help the 0-60 time.Having a new exhaust on it anyway and it will have the ecu chipped soon.was going to have the head polished n ported,been told the cossie head is best though.do you know how to tell the difference between them??? also I want to convert drums to discs on the rear,do you know what will fit or do you have to weld on brackets and stuff to make things fit on my van?

It is an astra g van with the c20xe engine in it.It started life as a diesel and it still has the original gearbox in it.I dont think this would help the 0-60 time.Having a new exhaust on it anyway and it will have the ecu chipped soon.was going to have the head polished n ported,been told the cossie head is best though.do you know how to tell the difference between them??? also I want to convert drums to discs on the rear,do you know what will fit or do you have to weld on brackets and stuff to make things fit on my van?

the first thing i would do is change the gearbox then! cause diesels have shorter gear ratios than petrols a f16 is supposed to work well with the 20xe (cant verify this just what i have read) but i know the f20 does;)

the coscast head is better than the gm ones but they can still become porous!! you can tell the coscast head by looking under your manifold there will be a stamp if its coscast

as for rear the brakes cant really help on a mk4 but its quite simple on a mk2/3 astra its a case of changing the whole rear beam (people opt for this cause the whole rear beams are cheap and less work!) or changing the rear hubs and iirc the only thing you have to change on both options is the handbrake cable

Hi there and may I wish you a warm welcome to TorqueCars, it is a pleasure to meet you.

You'll find us a pretty friendly bunch and I'm sure you'll start to love and enjoy the forums as much as we all do.

Feel free to get involved in our other threads, all opinions are welcome and as they say "the more the merrier"!

Keep us up to date with your project as well, we like to see what people are getting up to with their cars.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back