V6 HDI Tuning

mattk1

Car
407 coupe V6 HDI
Hi all, my first posting!
I've been thro' a terrible experience with German company called RaceChip.de They make plug-in type power chips. Over the last three months I have tried 3 different units from, all of which failed to rev over 3000 and caused an emissions fault (which goes after a hours driving) to occur on my obdc. And, despite many promises, I am still waiting for my money back. If anyone is thinking of using them - DON'T!
Anyway, moaning aside, I am stiil none the wiser if re-map or a plug-in chip is best.
I need help, please. Has anybody had a good experience with either methods on the V6 HDI engine?

Matt

Hello and welcome to torquecars, nice to have you with us. It could be a fuelling or MAF sensor fault in the engine causing the problem.

Remaps run so close to the perfect setting that if something is slightly out or the engine is in bad shape you will experience poor running.

At least if you get a custom remap done they will put the car on a diagnostic check first.

Cheers waynne, my engine is in very good nick, only done 29k most of which is in my ownership (and I NEVER 'abuse' it till nicely warm and always let it cool down after a run etc etc). I'm 99.9% sure I'll go for a re-map at some point, just not sure who with at the moment. Does anybody out there have actual first-hand experience of re-mapping a Pug V6 2.7 HDI?

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back