turbo 5sfe

mike155

Car
90 celica gt 5sfe
alright so i have 1990 celica gt 5sfe i have inquired a turbo and intercooler for it and would like to turbocharge my baby now i know its said to be easier to swap a 3sgte in but im looking to be different i know i need to lower the compression and beef up the bottom end( im pretty sure thats new bearings and rods, please fill me in) and where can i get these parts, and about a thicker head gasket cant seem to find one if anyone knows of a company that makes one that would be great, and a header i know i need one, also anything else i will have to do would be great advice . and another note my transmission grinds when shifting into second gear up or down, any idea on synchro or what any advice would be great this is one project i wanna take really badly so please any and all help is appreciated

you can use the 3sgte exhaust manifold it will bolt right on to your 5s head. larger injectors (3s 7m 2j will all drop right in) and the 3s map sensor is needed along with a larger capacity fuel pump. Well there are quit a few companies that make internals for the 5s. Wiseco and JE both make pistons for the 5s block. You can use 3sgte rods just need to have the crank shaved down a bit. Eagle makes a nice set for a decent price. But Crower and Pauter both make rods for the 5s. Cometic makes head gaskets from .04 to .052 for a 87mm 3sgte (87mm is the stock 5s bore) which will work for your 5sfe block. Get some ARP head studs for the 3sgte while you at it don't want to loss your head. I also recomemed getting the rotating assembly balanced and the head milled while you engine is tore down. A port and polish and cams are a good idea too for running boost or even a na set up. so maybe look into that. but what are your hp goals? and oh sorry don't know much about transmissions.