92 celica. Turbo?

Potato12

Car
1992 celica GT
I have 92 celica very reliable. I have a friend who's very interested in taking some of my money and putting a turbo on the stock engine. I think it will be great but I also wanted to ask people who know what's up and see if this is a good idea​

And also I am in high school funding all this on a min wage job So I am looking to go the financialy best way to make the celica a beast thank you

you need an engine from any turbo celica or caldina .
the latest st246 caldina engines are the best but also the most expensive

Not sure this will be a cheap project though as a complete engine with turbo and ecu is likely to cost an absoute minimum of £500 if you are very lucky - thats for an ST/185/205 going up to £1500 + for the latest (2003 on ) ST246
The SR185/205 were sold in the UK so can be sourced from here - the St205 is around 220bhp and the st185 around 200

The ST246 produced as 260bhp in standard form but were only for the japan market .
You can get them shipped from japan (ebay) and they are a common upgrade for celicas
These later engines have a much better manifold and are a lot stronger and surprisingly were only fitted to caldinas.
I have an N spec caldina with the St246 - they are surprisingly quick