tuning ideas

qaiyum

Car
vw golf 1.4 2002
hi guys ive just bought a 2001 civic 1.6 vtec,how would i get some more power out of it from its standerd 110 bhp, without doing anything drastic.cheers.

cold air feed with air filter k&n,pipercross and a good manifold are the first options to do then following a full stainless steel exhaust.but still looking at 300-400 for exhaust.Got to remember weight wise depending which version you have.1.6 pulling 1150kg to 1250kg.Is alot of weight to pull.Some people try to lose weight on car ie removing air con,fly wheel up grade,lightweight wheels,back seat out etc.I think the fastest in the class is the 1.6i vtec s 0-60 i think in 9secs 1150kg.But i think thats down to the weight issue as being the lightest in its class.

youve not going to get much out of it without doing alot of engine work.
hemminways ideas will give your 10-15bhp, after this your looking to headwork, cams etc.

another option is swapping out for the older b series engines, 1.6 with 160 bhp

Should've got an EK9 CTR :bigsmile: Those B16 engines are expensive to buy if you can find one! I agree with the other guys though. Gets expensive past your basic exhaust and intake stuff.

not nessessary look towards the H22 import engine, 212bhp and leaves the ctr standing.
theres one at a scrappy near here, if i knew it was there i would have kept my old prelude and fitted that.

it does go into the civic but its alot of work