Torque Cars

tuned 1.8t 0-60s?

Discussion in 'Audi forums' started by Reubiedoo, 20 April 2010.

1. Reubiedoo

Reubiedoo Wrench Pro

Plymouth
    Hope someone sees this.

Just curious what 0-60s people are geting fron their 1.8t's?

Especially those that have been upped to 300bhp+?

Actually looking at a VW example, but know there is probably more experience with the 1.8t in this forum.

Thanks guys.

obi_waynne likes this.
  2. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    I too will be interested in the results of this thread. I wonder whose is the fastest!;)

3. pgarner

pgarner TC ModFather Moderator

Lockerbie, SW Scotland
    Car:
    Octy smoke machine
    what are you looking at with audi you get the 4motion (sorry i refuse to class it as a real quattro) VW seat and skoda are all fwd.

high 200bhps BAM engine with an aggressive map claims high 5seconds for 0-60

problem is lack of traction with the FWD but have a look on seatcupra.net they are nutters with a few running high 400hp. there was one running just over 600 last tie i was on but he blew it up. not surprising really

4. Reubiedoo

Reubiedoo Wrench Pro

Plymouth
    HaHA! Not surprising at all!

Was wondering whether the 4wd is worth it for the fun in the corners, but would rather get a cheaper car and spend more on tuning.

I am hoping to get close to sub-6 secs without the need for major internals, i.e. bigger turbo, remap, rip out seats et al, carbon fibre whatever I can (would love to get rear doors but not surprised I can't find any anywhere) etc

5. pgarner

pgarner TC ModFather Moderator

Lockerbie, SW Scotland
    Car:
    Octy smoke machine
    the 4mo is supposed to be very weird in the corners as its not permanent it only comes in when tyres start to slip - in effect you have to push it harder in the corner
    youe also got the weight disadvantage from having almost 200kg of extra drivetrain which does nothing most of the time.

if your wanting to do it cheap look to the AGU enigne if your going to be swapping the turbo as its already got some forged parts (crank is not sure on the rods) and better head on it, just the turbo is tiny and out of puff by around 205-210bhp. internals are good for 350 at a puch 300 safer

what car are you looking at ? id say go with the seat leon as its the lightest out of the it,golf, bora, octavia and a3

6. Reubiedoo

Reubiedoo Wrench Pro

Plymouth
    Was looking at vRS first, but decided I wasn't keen on the styling. Passat or bora is my preference.

Thanks for that tip, I will investigate further...

7. MasterAuron

MasterAuron Very Senior Member

379bhp 359lbft
    Car:
    Mk1 Focus RS
    No-one cares about 0-60. Some cars do 60 in second, some of third and some even in first. Quarter mile is where it's at in straight-line acceleration.

8. old-git

old-git Moderator

Essex
    Car:
    Elan & Robin Hood
    Yes and no :)

Although I agree that 1/4 mile is the accepted measure of a car's acceleration performance, 0-60 is more relevent for the street. Also, the quicker you get to 60 the lower your 1/4 mile ET will be, so it is an important marker.

There are 0-60 competitions held at many car shows these days as they doesn't require a full drag strip, so a lot of people are still interested (me included).

9. MasterAuron

MasterAuron Very Senior Member

379bhp 359lbft
    Car:
    Mk1 Focus RS
    So if you could just compete in one championship say, 0-60 or 1/4 mile which would you choose?

10. old-git

old-git Moderator

Essex
    Car:
    Elan & Robin Hood
    1/4 mile, of course :) However, this does not negate the usefulness of 0-60 data.