Trapped in your car in snow

billyo

Track Warrior
It said on the radio that some motorists had to spend the night in their cars.

Would you be prepared if this happened to you? I must admit I always think it is a good idea to have water and food and a blanket in the car but I still haven't got round to doing this.

i have been out this moring in the jeep and pulled loads of people out only thing most of the time it was not in deep sow but on jct's had one just the end of my road witch was good lol am loving the jeep at the min best car i bought

thought i was going to get stuck as i pulled off road to get some pics got out and the snow was half way up my leg but mangaed to rock my way out in low 4wd

but one of the best ways to keep moving is start off in 2nd gear less likey to spin the wheels

A couple of years back I was stuck in the snow for 4 hours. My Rover had just been jump started by the AA and as the battery was stuffed the AA man told me not to turn off the engine or stall it as they won't be coming out for the same thing twice on the same day.:D

That was a fun experience and I was wishing I had some food and water. Needing the loo is a bigger problem though:(

A couple of years back I was stuck in the snow for 4 hours. My Rover had just been jump started by the AA and as the battery was stuffed the AA man told me not to turn off the engine or stall it as they won't be coming out for the same thing twice on the same day.:D

That was a fun experience and I was wishing I had some food and water. Needing the loo is a bigger problem though:(

Write help in yellow letters in the snow.;):lol::lol::lol::lol:

normally in the winter take a shovel and a pair of wellies in the boot. also, normally have a big jacket or two in the car but dont usually take food/water.

If I am to and from work then I will have food and drink, some water for the return leg. Always have a big coat, gloves, scarf and hat in the car plus dog blankets so I'm okay. If a planned journey then we would have everything. But I would like to think I might be okay with a 4x4, but you never know what you'll come up against.