TopGear 14 December

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What are your thoughts on the TopGear show from the 14th. I thought the series had ended :embarrest: Sorry for the delay in posting.

The write up on the show as a reminder is "James May travels to California to take a look at what is being hailed as the future of motoring, the hydrogen-powered Honda Clarity. Meanwhile, out on the test track Jeremy Clarkson has a high-voltage encounter with the Tesla, a battery-powered super-car, and Richard Hammond takes an affectionate look back at 50 years of Touring Car racing.

The star in the reasonably priced car is none other than Tom Jones, and there are some festive fun and games in the studio to boot."

No problem :)

Iplayer is there for a reason ;)

I never am awake to watch top gear

That reminds me, I need to watch this week's US Heroes and US Prison Break (they are ahead of us :) )

A good episode, a bit of everything and of interest. The BTCC piece was good watching and nice to see Gerry Marshall (god rest his soul) in the Viva GT chasing the big boys!

the last 3 episodes were crap, thank god they pulled through with this show
back to normaliy i think fellas

i was amazed by the telsa, even though it ran out of power after 55 miles, i think they are figuring out this whole eletric thing. i mean their more advanced with electric powered cars now than they were 5 year ago, so they will eventually make a proper sports car, thats dosent take long to charge and last longer than your average petrol tank now adays

the last 3 episodes were crap, thank god they pulled through with this show
back to normaliy i think fellas

i was amazed by the telsa, even though it ran out of power after 55 miles, i think they are figuring out this whole eletric thing. i mean their more advanced with electric powered cars now than they were 5 year ago, so they will eventually make a proper sports car, thats dosent take long to charge and last longer than your average petrol tank now adays

Not in england cause they'd need to be solar powered to charge on the move an we don't get enough sun. You'd only be able to drive it a week out of the whole year :lol::D:D:D

They wouldn't need to be solar powered as the braking forces can convert this into kinetic energy and boost the cells. Isn't this what F1 is looking into to act as some kind of boost during races? KARS or something?

I suggested that Tesla should use a petrol generator instead of the heavy batteries. The Voltages and ultra low petrol consumption work out on paper and its cheaper that replacing the batteries when they die.

I don't think the Ford GT managed 55 miles before it ran out of fuel so I'm not concerned about the low mileage covered. (The Tesla is good for around 200 miles from memory of general driving.)

all i can say on electric powered cars at the moment is, their shocking lol (and to myself aswell id say)

I suggested that Tesla should use a petrol generator instead of the heavy batteries. The Voltages and ultra low petrol consumption work out on paper and its cheaper that replacing the batteries when they die.

Was that sarcasm :D

No it's a serious proposition. Batteries are heavy and die after a while. A petrol generator is substantially more efficient than a petrol engine ennabling really silly high MPG figures.

I think this was the last show. There didn't seem to be one on Sunday! :(

No it's a serious proposition. Batteries are heavy and die after a while. A petrol generator is substantially more efficient than a petrol engine ennabling really silly high MPG figures.

I think this was the last show. There didn't seem to be one on Sunday! :(

Top Gear was on last night but I only saw the last half.