TopGear 04 March 2012 thread

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What were your thoughts on this weeks TopGear then?

Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May hit Donington in three stripped-out track cars - the KTM X-Bow, the Morgan Three Wheeler and the Caterham R500.

Back at the Top Gear airfield, Jeremy recreates the Battle of Britain in an insane aero-engined Bentley and a flame-spitting retro BMW.

Blur bassist and professional cheesemaker Alex James is the Star in a Reasonably Priced Car.

The Brutus and the Bentley were really cool machines, but I only had eyes for the woman that could be seen standing between Hammond and the screen in the "and now for the news" bit ;) :love:

The Brutus and the Bentley were really cool machines, but I only had eyes for the woman that could be seen standing between Hammond and the screen in the "and now for the news" bit ;) :love:

Can you remember what her face was like? I am guessing that your response will be along the lines of 'Errr, what face?' :)

You saw her then OG, almost booted her indoors out of the old homestead and went to place an advert in the tabloids to try and locate her! She will be mine, oh yes! :lol::lol::lol:

I'm a bit confused as to why the Atom wasn't included, is it because it would have wiped the floor with the rest of them? :D

Is the Atom still valid then Loz? Was it a pricing reason do you think? I liked the look of the KTM a lot, but then after seeing those pics, I have grown strangely fond of my life and not the nearest ditch or tree which seemed to feature quite heavily in those photographs :lol:

Just watched it TN :amazed: I would be hard pressed to make a decision as to which one to buy :embarrest: I think their both great :D

Is the Atom still valid then Loz? Was it a pricing reason do you think? I liked the look of the KTM a lot, but then after seeing those pics, I have grown strangely fond of my life and not the nearest ditch or tree which seemed to feature quite heavily in those photographs :lol:

It's certainly in the same price bracket & as nice as the Morgan was I'd rather have the Atom for the same money.

Have you ever seen the BAC Mono Clarkson was supposed to be driving initially? Looks a bit like a KTM but much more desirable imo. Don't pay attention to the photo's for every one photo of a KTM up a tree I bet I can find 20 photo's of smashed Ferrari's & Lamborghini's where the drivers talent doesn't stretch as far as his bank balance. :lol:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/dec/05/ferraris-destroyed-japan-motorway-pileup

I think to us lesser mortals both cars would be ideal, I did think the guy in the Caterham was driving the wheels off it to keep up though!

I wish people would sort out the microphones on these in car videos, just fitting a fluffy mic windshield would make a world of difference. :(

Last edited:
It's certainly in the same price bracket & as nice as the Morgan was I'd rather have the Atom for the same money.

Have you ever seen the BAC Mono Clarkson was supposed to be driving initially? Looks a bit like a KTM but much more desirable imo. Don't pay attention to the photo's for every one photo of a KTM up a tree I bet I can find 20 photo's of smashed Ferrari's & Lamborghini's where the drivers talent doesn't stretch as far as his bank balance. :lol:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/dec/05/ferraris-destroyed-japan-motorway-pileup

Understood Loz, I remember that Japanese story well, after reading all about it, I nearly walked into the nearest Sushi Bar in London to smack the Head Chef in the mouth and to tell him to pass that on from me Big T to his stupid countrymen who wrecked those beautiful machines :embarrest::lol:

sign0020.gif

You saw her then OG, almost booted her indoors out of the old homestead and went to place an advert in the tabloids to try and locate her! She will be mine, oh yes! :lol::lol::lol:

Still had it recorded so checked to see what was pushing your buttons :)

Did you see the lady next to Jeremy who was literally wetting herself laughing when the news part came on? She was pwitty......

:love:

Last edited:
Did you see the lady next to Jeremy who was literally wetting herself laughing? She was pretty......

:love:

No did not see her, but I shall look later on when I get back home from: Queue fanfare music here! Top Gear :lol:

I am back there today in the studio this time with a mate of mine! Her indoors is fuming as the other ticket was for her but she could not get any cover for work and she nevers pulls a sicky! I was given complimentary tickets to the show after I took the Beast up there. Going to try and push my way up to the front amongst the nice ladies and try and get into a camera shot. Cameras are not allowed to be used inside the studio according to the notes on the ticket , but I will see if I can take a few sneaky one's ;)

No did not see her, but I shall look later on when I get back home from: Queue fanfare music here! Top Gear :lol:

I am back there today in the studio this time with a mate of mine! Her indoors is fuming as the other ticket was for her but she could not get any cover for work and she nevers pulls a sicky! I was given complimentary tickets to the show after I took the Beast up there. Going to try and push my way up to the front amongst the nice ladies and try and get into a camera shot. Cameras are not allowed to be used inside the studio according to the notes on the ticket , but I will see if I can take a few sneaky one's ;)

If your missus cannot come... I would happily come up to London and would happily keep you company! :)

If your missus cannot come... I would happily come up to London and would happily keep you company! :)

I am sure I would have no problem in finding a taker for a spare ticket to Top Gear :lol: The guy in question actually works for me, and he has held the fort for me when I have been away getting treatment, so this is by way of saying thank you to him! :)

The BBC must employ wranglers in order to push the pretty ones to the front :)

I have always wondered about that OG, I shall confirm the urban myth as to how the good lookers are always at the front of the crowd later this afternoon :bigsmile:

I am sure I would have no problem in finding a taker for a spare ticket to Top Gear :lol: The guy in question actually works for me, and he has held the fort for me when I have been away getting treatment, so this is by way of saying thank you to him! :)

Let us know what it is like being in the studio. I have always wanted to take a look. If your at the front you may get a good look at some of the awesome cars they bring into the studio! :bigsmile:

I have always wondered about that OG, I shall confirm the urban myth as to how the good lookers are always at the front of the crowd later this afternoon :bigsmile:

So, how are you going to be able to get to the front? :neutral:

So, how are you going to be able to get to the front? :neutral:

Had I actually made it into the studio OG, resourceful chap that I am I would have found a way! But as it happens the whole day was a complete an utter utter utter waste of time :mad:

Turned up there at 12.35 for the doors which opened at 1.30pm. Sat in Dunsfold Road (Approach road to the airfield) for 1 1/2 hrs in traffic with nothing moving :amazed: I am getting ruddy irate now as they are supposed to close the studio doors at 2pm with recording starting at 3pm. Suddenly all this traffic starts coming passed me on the other side of the road heading away from the airfield :blink:

Get this!!! Some poor lonely bullet catcher with a Hi-Vis starts coming towards me and is stopping off at every car that I can see in front of me and starts talking to the drivers - one by one they start turning around and driving past me. So he approaches with a minder, have I got tickets for Top Gear he asks? Yes I said, I reach over to the glove box to pull them out for proof when he informs me this - The BBC have over subscribed massively with VIP guests for this particular show and therefore as you are effectively "chaff" not his actually words but this is what he meant to say! then sorry you won't be allowed to come in as there is no room for you. Go home and call the Applause Production team with your ticket number and they will see to it that you get tickets for a show in Series 9 (Currently we are on Series 8) I cannot describe to you OG on a family forum my thoughts and suggestions to this poor hapless soul and his mate after hearing this and particularly after my horrendous journey in along the A3.

Will phone these clowns in the morning after I have calmed down tonight; where upon I shall give them the full machine gun T9 treatment.

Tell them you are a VIP guest and you demand access. Too late now though i suppose.

Could not even get out of the lane Jake, it is very narrow as it is and two way traffic with some people driving vans down it, well it was a proper giggle trying not to knock off somebody's wing mirror while trying to squeeze past.

The chap was a messenger and a nobody (nothing derogatory aimed at him directly) but it was easy to see that he would be off no help with any further enquires.

Have you got a TC teeshirt you could wear,we could look out for you!:bigsmile:

For those of you who can only ever dream of being on Top Gear, here are what the coveted tickets look like anyway; these are my two unused one's after last weeks nonsense, apparently I shall be looked after for the next series :bigsmile:

Attachments

• Top Gear 7th Mar 2012 Tickets 2.jpg
    Top Gear 7th Mar 2012 Tickets 2.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 2
The BBC have now been officially T9 man forgiven! Look what just arrived in the post to me today in way of an apology for the previous fiasco! Signed by all the boys! :bigsmile:

IMG_1273.jpg

IMG_1272.jpg

Just my VIP tickets to arrive now for series 9 :bigsmile:

Where's mine?

I think it's still in the post :blink:

You going to get it framed? :D

Oh yes! not sure about the best way to do it though :embarrest:

At the end of the day, I am double pleased with my gifts ;)