Torque Cars

Tigra 1.4 engine mods 1998

Discussion in 'Tigra' started by chrisclev03, 6 December 2010.

1. chrisclev03

chrisclev03 Newbie

wales
    Car:
    Tigra A 1998 1.4
    Hi everyone!

I've got a 1998 tigra 1.4 :love: and am finally finished with all the cosmetic modifications, I'm now thinking of altering some engine bits... what would you recommend for performance without swapping the engine?

Cheers, Chris.:D

2. pgarner

pgarner TC ModFather Moderator

Lockerbie, SW Scotland
    Car:
    Octy smoke machine
    Hello and welcome to the site mate

sorry mate but not what your probably wanting to hear but why not swapping the engine ?
    if your wanting to keep it NASP 1.4 - im not sure on how these would take to charging -
    then look at changing the whole exhaust from the engine not just the back box or the cat back
    free flowing filter in the standard airbox maybe modified a bit to get more cold air into it - you may find £10 ducting and a £20 filter give as good a gains as a £180 induction kit.
    cams - fast road profile
    head gas flowed with the cam
    chipping - think these are too old to be mapped so its an ECU out job. this will also need to be a custom job if youve done alot of work

and i dont think youd see as much power as dropping in the 2ltr xe engine

even after all this i doubt you

3. herb

herb modherbrator Moderator

west midlands
    Car:
    Seat Leon Cupra
    i know on the c14xe a powerbox (inlet manifold) coupled with a airfilter, exhaust and chip has made up to 25-30hp gains!

you are probably looking at around £1k for this;)