This is disturbing

Crazy, how can they get away with this. If you are not guilty then why should you pay court costs to clear your name, you should get compensation for wasted time.

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/CostsRecovery

It's extremely dangerous.What about a situation when a FPN is issued wrongly? Let's say in the case of a cloned number plate? Should you just accept the charge without question? It appears that's what the state wants you to do.

It proves beyond a doubt that speed enforcement IS all about revenue afterall, which is something I've disputed for years. Clearly I WAS WRONG.

It also proves what I've thought for some time about this government and it's top-down, State-first approach.

This is far wider reaching than it appears. Is the principle of innocent until proven guilty to be abolished?

Potentially the whole criminal justice system is set to change.

what a load of crap. once again the motoring public are having the urine taken out of us

so this will save them money and allow them to claim even more revenue as a £60 fine is going to be a lot less than solicitor court fees

takes the piss, even before this everything was messed up any way.

i got a fiesta for my ex and where i went to collect it i placed my name on the log book, not a problem.

then after a while she wanted to sell it so placed it on ebay and it sold.

two blokes come down and collected it, signed the log book and of they went, i sent the log book off.

2 months later i have 2 fines through the post one from cancel and one from the police, stating the car was parked for a number of time in a location which was no parking, had two different fines.

Called the DVLA and sorted it there end, Then called the police and sorted there end, then try calling the cancel for that area with no joy so wrtie a letter and of it went, another 2 months passed and i had another letter through the door saying i had been taken to court etc and i had to pay xxx amount before xxx date?????????? i called the number on the letter and all they said was in short "we dont give a #!#!#!#!#!#! pay it" i tried to state the fact CALL the police they have everything on record and if i was taken to court why the F was i not notifyed?

long story short i had to pay it any way and the ASS HOLES that parked there in the first place got away with it.

The whole system is a joke.

JasonMK i totally feel your pain, it was less than 2 months ago that i had to pay a court fine of £250 for apparently failing to notify the dvla of a change of ownership.

long story short sold a vectra gsi over a year ago, bloke who bought it got caught speeding on his way home from mine, didnt recieve log book (which i sent to dvla) he them sold it on ebay, that person then sold it on ebay. so 3 people had it after me but im the one who gets a fine even after i personally went to the dvla office and told them i had sent log book off and guy hadnt recieved it in his name they said it will have been lost in the post so i gave them his details there and then and was told 'all sorted' and i didnt need to do anything else.

What a joke even if you do everything right you still get stung :evil::evil:

The whole system is a joke.

JasonMK i totally feel your pain, it was less than 2 months ago that i had to pay a court fine of £250 for apparently failing to notify the dvla of a change of ownership.

long story short sold a vectra gsi over a year ago, bloke who bought it got caught speeding on his way home from mine, didnt recieve log book (which i sent to dvla) he them sold it on ebay, that person then sold it on ebay. so 3 people had it after me but im the one who gets a fine even after i personally went to the dvla office and told them i had sent log book off and guy hadnt recieved it in his name they said it will have been lost in the post so i gave them his details there and then and was told 'all sorted' and i didnt need to do anything else.

What a joke even if you do everything right you still get stung :evil::evil:

sorry to hear about that mate, but the "all sorted" statment sounded the same as what they told me (DVLA and Police) All sorted my ass :evil:

You can ask for a judgement to be set aside and the case reheard. It's worth checking your home and cars legal cover wording, sometime you can get free advice if solicitors fees are not covered.

personally i think they should focus on teaching the law enforcement personel how better to tell a fine from not instead of saying if you want to keep the points off you gotta pay. they say 1 in 4 gets off then that means that 25% of the tickets being handed out (of those being fought. Who knows how many more people just pay) are hogwash. i don't know any other profession were 75% accurate is acceptable.

personally i think they should focus on teaching the law enforcement personel how better to tell a fine from not instead of saying if you want to keep the points off you gotta pay. they say 1 in 4 gets off then that means that 25% of the tickets being handed out (of those being fought. Who knows how many more people just pay) are hogwash. i don't know any other profession were 75% accurate is acceptable.

true mate, i think its there way of saying i cant be asked doing me job so i send the bill to him and leave it at that job done.

well the UK has been getting worse and worse so whats stopping them now? nothing they keep taking the piss and we just keep taking it.

think the whole of UK need to plan a strike

It's worse than that though, isn't it? It potentially allows corrupt operators to dish out tickets wantonly and randomly know that there is NO WAY WHATSOEVER that there is any risk of the fine not being paid.

This is indeed very disturbing, and feel it is very unfair, unfortunatley I live in the US, so I can't really sign it, but if I could, I totally would.

Just signed. Thieving, dirty barstewards. Its just enforcing more and more to the state - the govt has no money left, they need this to pay for the services now as yet again the current govt have squandered all our resources.

Actually, just had a look at this petition. Its the first time i have seen or even heard about this. Only 16000+ signatories. Think this needs to be more widespread - its looks like another sneaky thing they are trying to do behind the scenes before most people notice. Maybe worth, if some has the contacts, dropping a line to the all inspiring Sun or the Mail?

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back