The cars Behaving strangley

Puntopimp

Track Warrior
Car
1.8 TDCI Ford S-Max
Hey all.

Since I had my Sparks done and HT leads done The car has been acting very odd I did fix the Gear Box Oil. But I have developed an Engine Oil Leak Which I cannot determine where its from.

And now If I am pulling away sometimes at lights if I rev to 1500 rpm the car splutters for a second then all of a sudden regains loads of Horses and acts like nothing was the matter this sometimes happens in 2nd when I am moving.

Also Getting a rather Loud Rattling in 1st gear when I'm pulling away.

How knackered is the motor from going down the pan and how can I remedy this? Is it all because of the Engine Leak?

If you've run it with low oil level and low oil pressure then potentially yes, you have damaged the engine. I might have asked before, but does your car actually have HT leads.

However, this does sound like fuel starvation. New fuel filter perhaps? And try a can of BG44K (circa twenty quid) before getting too carried away with mechanical maintenance.

Yeah mate I have HT Leads got some from Euro Car Parts, Fuel Filter? where in the car does that go sorry mate i aient sure fully never heard of a fuel filter lol! But I have kept the car topped up on Oil I put in half a gallon last week mate will pick up another big bottle of it. I wanna get the Crack sorted will it take some welding to sort this out?

Half a gallon of oil in a week? Blimey. It's new car time I think.

Don't mess about welding engine blocks. It's a road to ruin.

There are some additives you can get which might just temporarily seal the leak. But it's no way to run a car long term.

No HDI i topped it up for first time in 2 months mate So yeah! I brought the stuff in the can for 21 quid for next day delivery I looked at Fuel Filters mate but they only come in the Fiat punto 1.9 Diesel on eBay lol I used a Gallon of Oil in 6 months

That's still a lot of oil. How many miles did you cover in 6 months? My car goes 15,000 - 20,000 miles between oil changes (it's on countdown lights) and it needs no topping up at all.

I do occasionally check the level with the dipstick but basically rely upon the warning light to tell me it's time to add oil.

I've done 16 k Since I brought the car I wish Fiat had that technology in 2001 consider Renault did in 1998

That's still a lot of oil. How many miles did you cover in 6 months? My car goes 15,000 - 20,000 miles between oil changes (it's on countdown lights) and it needs no topping up at all.

x2

Did you use the right oil? Opie Oils should be able to help you out there (site sponsor). Without looking though it's kinda hard to say. I would get a diagnostics done.

I used and oil which was 10W40 I think? lol Diagnostics are cool mate but i need to know where I can get them and what to ask for so i dont get mugged off

I used and oil which was 10W40 I think? lol Diagnostics are cool mate but i need to know where I can get them and what to ask for so i dont get mugged off

Why did you use 10w40?

Most garages should be able to perform a diagnostics (call it exactly that). £50 is a fair price. They will literally plug a computer type thing into your OBD port and check the ECU to make sure everything is working correctly. It could be something stupid like a sensor but a diagnostics is the easiest and quickest way to find out.

Alternatively scrap it and buy that BMW we were talking about. ;)

because of insurance purposes Prince I am considering going down the 316i route until I can get a decent quote on a 320is

yes mate i wanna but i have to wait till at least march 28th or april 28th

Fair enough mate. I'll send you a PM with some show details if you're interested? If you're definitely going to get a BMW then you will want to join me for these.

BMWs are well built, durabe and reliable. Maintenance is cheap. But there are other cars on the road which are just as good.

x2. I do think though that you get a little something extra with BMWs. To know it you have to own one, work on one and take it for a good drive on a nice sunny day.

because of insurance purposes Prince I am considering going down the 316i route until I can get a decent quote on a 320is

TBH mate there is little difference between the 316i and the 318i you were looking at (assuming we're still talking saloons). I wouldn't bother going from a 316 to a 320 though. I'd probably jump to a 323/325/328. The 320 is a 6 pot but performance is on par with a 318is.

If you fancy a BMW then it has to be a straight six model variant. The company built it's reputation on straight sixes.

The E30 M3 was a 4 pot. ;)

Yeah give us a pm prince me ol mucker lets have a butchers coz the missus wants to see some too (She demands a BMW as her first car in HOT PINK)

Yeah give us a pm prince me ol mucker lets have a butchers coz the missus wants to see some too (She demands a BMW as her first car in HOT PINK)

Oh dear! Unfortunately (for the love of god don't tell her) it was an 'individual' option the factory. I'll send you a PM now mate.

A BMW in Hot Pink PP!! :amazed: :embarrest: Fear not, I watch a lot of CSI Miami and New York! She can be made to disappear and nobody will ever find the evidence ;)

A BMW in Hot Pink PP!! :amazed: :embarrest: Fear not, I watch a lot of CSI Miami and New York! She can be made to disappear and nobody will ever find the evidence ;)

There are couple of these around. 328 coupes irrc.

DisgustingPinkE36.jpg

**Shakes head with disgust**

Really? :blink: On a BMW?? I supose it would be cheap compaired to a Ferrari! :lol:

My step bro has had 3, and he has had to pay over the odds for every spare part he has needed. I think the best was £264 for a starter motor for his 525.

He needs to shop around! BMW prices vary from stupidly overpriced to amazingly cheap. All depends on what it is. However there are plenty of other places to get parts from.