The biggest threat facing motorists today.

billyo

Track Warrior
What is the biggest threat facing the modern motorist?

Fuel prices are one of the biggest concerns for many but what about the road traffic act amendments spurred on by the tree hugging cotton wool wrapped road safety lobby!

The biggest problem in the world today is the enviromental band wagon! Which all the Westminster bods have jumped on. The problem is these people are political people, not scientists, and don't have a clue what they are talking about.

They somehow believe that if we all drive ****ty 1.2 eco friendly cars that have been viciously attacked by the ugly stick, that they will save the planet. My rubbish now gets collected once a fortnight, so we have rats running about tearing open the bags, so apart from all the litter we now put out dangerous chemicals to kill them off. And they're solution, if you don't want to wait for the next collection DRIVE to your nearest civic amenity site.

They are bloody clueless, yet everyone follows them like lemmings- infact I wish they would - I'll even supply the cliff!

I have no problem saving the planet, I use solar and wind power at both home and work, my problem is that we are being made to suffer financially socially and morally for a problem for which we have ZERO control. There are city's in America and china that produce more emmissions than our entire country! Are they recycling, are they heck. They're making money and lots of it. Where do you think the work is going when it leaves the uk- which it is because our enviromental policies are so strong, we can't stay competitive in the global marketplace. We get poorer and poorer, whilst the country's that can make a difference just get richer.

All caused by a couple of baloons in Westminster. They are a bigger theat to this country than any Al- queda bomber. There are thousands now in fuel poverty caused by the governments eco policy and if we get a cold winter loads of old folks will die. The green lobby are a bunch of self centred Hitler types, they want a perfect race, and will kill off everyone who doesn't believe the same as them. The only difference is the weapons they use.

Gangsta, I totally agree with you. This clmate change zealotry is wrecking this country. And that's even before we consider whether global warming really exists anyway!

Great, we'll all wind up with a nice clean atmosphere and undamaged ozone layer but living (sorry, starving) on the streets because we can't afford housing or food.

And we won't be able to pay the water authority bills either so the water companies will go bust. Therefore no running water or mains drainage. So we'll all have to defacate in the gutter.

Won't this make for a lovely environment.........

I cant disagree but I think that selfishness is one of the biggest problems.

Delays and jams are caused by drivers cutting in late and constantly changing lanes to try and beat the odds.

Pumps run dry when there is a hint of a shortage because everyone panic buys.

Road rage is on the rise IMHO and this is usually provoked by a selfish act.

Why do so many drivers turn into monsters behind the wheel :(?

I agree with wayne up to a point, but again I blame government and councils.
Things that set a motorist off.

Speed cameras, they situate them to make money and make you late. I wouldn't care if there was a camera outside every school in the country, but do we need them in the middle of nowhere? Its a scam and we all know it. Spend the money on some real police.

Speed bumps, what are they all about, exapecially the half ones so that the busses can get by. What right does a usually empty bus have to get somewhere faster than me. Why should my car incur damage when the busses don't for travelling the same route. They are appearing everywhere now, and I know of several head on collisions caused by people trying to centre there car on this style of bump. There is also evidence to show that the average speed through an estate with bump is faster than before bumps were fitted. The report concluded that the perception of being slowed down encouranged the driver to accelerate much quickter to make up the perceived loss of time.

Constant road works, shutting 2 lanes of a motorway on Monday morning, using a bank holiday to cut the verges of the motorway- again closing two lanes.

30 mph speed limits 'for your safety' really annoy me. I'm quite sure I know who would be safe if I wiped out one of the litter pickers at the side of the road, regardless of speed.

I guess what I'm saying is that there is so much put in our way, every journey we go- it doesn't surprise me that there is road rage. The problem these days is that you can't wipe your own ass unless its been captured on camera, performed in the right motion, and the correct paperwork filed.

According to my old man, this is quite a recent thing, and the roads used to be free.

I won't start about the motorists paperwork unless something sets me off again - lol

Speed cameras, they situate them to make money and make you late. I wouldn't care if there was a camera outside every school in the country, but do we need them in the middle of nowhere? Its a scam and we all know it. Spend the money on some real police.

Not forgetting that it's the tax payers money that funds the police, and funds the speed cameras. We have to pay to get caught speeding because we were actually watching the road and not our speedo! Then along comes the police and pulls you over so we can pay again. We pay road tax to be screwed over! I hate our government!

hi fellas,dont start me about this globel warming,every now and then i have a house warming,why arent they concerned about that??

ha ha,but seriously,im into space and not the men in black type,the cosmos and universe stuff.its complicated to explain but one scientist explained that because we are giving off so called green house gases or carbon footprints, we are actully strenghting our planet.

the earth heels itself very well and because it has all this smog to deal with,it gets stronger at doing this.now if anyone watches this stuff ,they will know why its getting hotter and hotter every year,nothing at all to do with the ozone lare,its because the sun is getting closer,its to do with gravity.

long story short,this planet is not #!#!#!#!ed for another 5 to 6 million years,by then mankind could be gone and so will i, all of them muppets who started all this #!#!#!#! will be too.its just another way of getting money illegaly from us tax payers,because believe it or not,they have the biggest carbon footprints out of all of us,with their private jets here and there,burning money from hookers asses,oh and a bbq for the whole of russia everytime another muppet visits to talk about how to get more money??

hope you enjoyed fellas,i really couldnt give a toss about the envoirment,i could be dead tomorrow,god forbid.life is to be lived and enjoyed no other reason.so if your thing is to cruise in your 6.0 v8 so be it dont worry about the planet,it took care of itself this long and will continue to do so.....prevtec ps next week im going to write a film ha ha
|

Last edited by a moderator: