T6 Campervan

moneypit

Wrench Pro
Car
Mazda MX5 1.8 Sport
Been sent here by obi_wayne lol.
From the older torque cars forum!
Having clarted on with FTO, MX5 MK2 their gawn, but as a retirement project and owning a T25 years back I've all but finished my LWB T6 self build. DVLA were easy to use re classified 1st time I'll stick a few pictures on later but here's the mostly finished

Attachments

• IMG_20190602_172438.jpg
    IMG_20190602_172438.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 5
Awesome that looks amazing, I hope you use it loads, I see too many campervans used once or twice a year and left to sit on the driveway for the rest of the year.

I really like the graphic on the side.

Awesome that looks amazing, I hope you use it loads, I see too many campervans used once or twice a year and left to sit on the driveway for the rest of the year.

I really like the graphic on the side.
Yeah it's our retirement holidays as the money runs out lol. And there's loads of uk we've not really seen, did a bit if the lakes and Dumfries and Galloway last year bike roads are brilliant lol

As this is torque forums spose I ought to list any mods to the actual base vehicle lol!
Engine: bought as the 105bhp, the 140 came at a silly price because you had to buy other stuff!
So remapped to 180bhp via "bluefin" got the electronics included so can re do if any upgrades etc myself, just plug in download and send to company they re map it send it back via attachment for my ownership of vehicle! Gives me the overtaking power if needed mpg whilst towing bike 39-40 mpg at 16k miles
19" wheels front needs lowering ( on list )
K&N air panel filter
Sport rear hatch spoiler
Double slider doors.

Van to camper mods:
Pop top
Sliding windows both sliders
Rear NS window opener / OS rear window blank ( to match NS) fitted self.
Rear hatch window fitted self
Fairly traumatic cutting into £30k vehicle lol
LPG underslung gas tank approx 16 LTRs
Fresh n waste tanks strapped into rear wheel cage ( didn't want spare but got it anyway!
Chrome running bars, towbar

I'll sort a few pictures of the interior. Still work in process as toying with re modelling interior to have full bed in the back not getting any younger lol

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back