suspesion question

Massive

Torque Master
Car
Clio 172 Cup
i am saving up for new suspesion so i can slam my car, there are just one problem and that is speed bumps, so i want electrical height adjusting susp, so i can flick a switch inside my car when i come to bumps to raise it th lower it when they finished, but i am struggling finding them, what make manufacture them

your looking for the wrong stuff mate.
its air suspension your looking for but you will need to save a fair whack your probably looking at close to £1k for everything.

another option is to look at KW coilovers, they have made a new kit that has a small airbag and can lift the car 45mm in a few seconds for speed bumps etc then lower back down

Trade the Xsara for a Xantia Active or a C5. Citroen's active suspension is brilliant. They made outrageously grippy FWD cars in the 70s and 80s based upon the oleopneumatic system.

Active roll control is quite unworldly to experience on the first fast drive.

Air bag suspension is installed and setup by exquisite automotive in Croyden. Another option that is better but more expensive is to import a US hydraulic suspension kit. You will get what you pay for though and I've heard air bag suspension is not ideal for handling but it does give a nice soft ride.

Trade the Xsara for a Xantia Active or a C5. Citroen's active suspension is brilliant. They made outrageously grippy FWD cars in the 70s and 80s based upon the oleopneumatic system.

Active roll control is quite unworldly to experience on the first fast drive.

well im not a fan of xantias :/ they look fugly, and cant afford a c5 or really want one, i love my xsara, done alot of work to, and will be doing an engine swap at work soon ish.

so it sounds like if i want to get suspesion that i can raise it will loose performance, im thinking about just getting springs for now, cos i can always upgrade later and get the shocks, or should i just save up for some coilovers i really ont know :confused: i want to slam my car now, and srpings are the cheapest way to do this, but i would really like coilovers for when i get my engne swap

if you go down the KW route these are used on a lot of track cars.

airbag suspension will allow you to deck it but not worry about bumps as you can raise it while driving .

decking will make for bad handling, especially just on springs as the dampners will have very little travel ad therefore be crashey and wear out quickly, due to the change in geometry and angles that the wheels are sitting on the black stuff. the standard suspension setup (not including the spring shocks) are only so far adjustable

Air suspension is perfect for comfort. It can be supplemented with a mechanical system that automatically stiffens under firm driving. Very costly. I think Mercedes used this in some S Class models.