Styling trends

tarmac1

Car
ford ranger
buying a C2 4 my son and want to dress it up, I'm old and he's not so whats the current look i thought wide body kit rally car spec but would apprciate any constructive advice:)

well if my dad got me a c2 i would be more than happy with that!!
i cant really advise you on styling cause it would be my personal preference not your sons but i know he would be even happier with nicer wheels, perhaps a lowering kit and say £500 on some decent stereo equipment ;)

Thanks 4 that herb, alloys, twin exhaust and custom coil overs are already part of the plan but i dont know if smooth or angular looks are "in or out" Cars a suprise for his 18th so i can't ask; having it done at citituning in Notts.

Last edited:
Thanks for that Herb, 17" Wide Alloys, Twin custom exhaust and coil over suspension part of the plan but i dont know if smooth or angular is "in or out" Cars going to be a suprise for sons 18th so cant ask; Considering taking to citituning @ Notts

no chance you could ask a couple of his mates what he would like???
i mean im not really that big a fan of kits myself but im 31 wish i could help you more mate

If you go with the smoothed look you will be making a bold statement. The Smoothed or Euro look is generally associated with VW's.

What C2 is it? Is it standard or a vtr/s?
If your taking it to Cituning then they should be able to point you in the right direction. Does your son like music? My advice would be to fill it with ICE.

I think it would look nice as a smoothed Euro look style car. I would certainly get rid of the badges and get it delocked as well with a remote door popper.

The big problem is finding an insurer who can cover a modified car for someone so young.;)

Can you be my DAD?

standard vtr 8valve, already having to put him on wife,s in surance due to quotes around £2.5K. He,s really keen golfer so boot will be full of clubs most of the time
p.s. What is the euro look

Thanks for your advice will be insuring on wifes policy for a vtr 8valve.
What is the smooth look and do you know of any web sites, also how easy is it to loose the door handles etc and fit poppers?

euro look its all smooth - rub strips removed, handles removed, number plate recesses smoothed. basically subtle styling.
nothing loud and lairy. in other words doesnt look like its owned by a boy racer

Yep it's all about subtle and smooth styling these days. Nice and low on the standard or reasonable alloys and what pgarner says. 17" wheels will look to big on such a small car in my opinion, carriage wheels are a definate nono methinks.

You're son is very lucky having a car bought for him, make sure he appreciates it ;)

Euro look Mk2 Punto:

EuroDub26.jpg

Yep it's all about subtle and smooth styling these days.

smoothed does look good but everyone is doing it.

i like rally spec on certain cars,

the C2 in my opinion can carry off wide arches etc better than a smoothed look.

love this look on them (miles better than what it would look like smoothed)

simonjeanjosephcroatiarye8.jpg

Last edited: