Stupidest car question

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What is the stupidest question you've ever been asked about your car?

I was asked if mine was diesel, we were looking at the engine at the time! I've also had people looking at the car ask what colour it was.

I think show cars often result in really silly questions.

Why do tyres need air inside them must come close?

Differentiating derv from petrol is not as easy as it used to be with the lid open as just about everything is covered in plastic covers now. However, turn the thing on and it's quickly apparent.

I once got asked if this engine was turbocharged.:blink::confused::lol:

3112809965_764383a098_z.jpg

I see it every day. Some people are just completely clueless what it comes to cars and nothing suprises me any more.

A guy to me at work looking for a part for his "Volkswagen car" as he called it. "What model of Volkswagen is it?" I asked. "A Pologolf" he replied. I could have laughed but I didn't. "A Pologolf? It's either a Polo or a Golf, there's no such thing as a Pologolf", I said. "It's a f**cking Pologolf, do you think I don't know what type of f**cking type of car I drive!!!" was the reply to that.

Not a question, but someone once told me I had a nize Mazda . . .

. . . because I had a 'Mazdapower' sticker on it somewhere :lol:

Needless to say, they didn't spot the Ford badges on the bumpers :rolleyes:

:lol: I had a car with a stick on turbo badge and was told it must be pretty fast with a turbo in it! (It was an old rattly pre turbo diesel though so I didn't start it up till the guy went off.)