stumbled across this website

Massive

Torque Master
Car
Clio 172 Cup
i was looking for some specs for my rover and i came across this website

http://www.globalcar.com/datasheet

and surely my 1.4 cant have a max of 101 bhp can it?
max torque is only 94.4 lbft
0-60 10.6 s
1/4 mile 18 s

can any of this actually be right?

what did your car come out with?

Loads of adverts :eek: Eventually I worked it out but there are some glaring inaccuracies - I prefer to use parkers guide stats.

massive your 1.4 might only be an 83 bhp version or a 100 bhp depending on what engine is in it. i know much father inlaws 1.4 414 was the 100 engine.

BTW 100 bhp aint to bad for a NASP 1.4

The 1.4 came in lots of levels of tune. I one of the very first K series cars in 1989 (G454LKY).

That one was the single point injection engine and was 83bhp. SLi and GSi were also 83bhp.

Later the SEi model appeared as a 1.4 (first saw one in 1994) and this was about 105bhp, having multi point injection and different cam profiles. To drive it felt little different unless you really thrashed it senseless.

as PG says 100 odd bhp is pretty healthy for a NATASP 1400.

Go back to mid 1980's (I love that time, don't I?) and Ford's carb fed two litre pinto was only 92bhp.

The 80 were a great era. Light weight and powerfull, none of this heavy Aircon/ABS and impact protection beams. Those were the days when drivers were real drivers! :)

massive your 1.4 might only be an 83 bhp version or a 100 bhp depending on what engine is in it. i know much father inlaws 1.4 414 was the 100 engine.

BTW 100 bhp aint to bad for a NASP 1.4

yea i was thinkin the 100bhp was good for a 1.4, mines just a 414i twin cam 16valve that usual, so thats probably the 83 version?

just had a look on parkers and its 101 bhp mine :D
i know they not fast or anything but it can pack a punch when you get past 25000 rpm not like a type :rolleyes:

Last edited:
the wifes rover 25 was 83 bhp 16v twin cam and her dads 414 was 100 16v twin cam both were the 1.4 engine and visually i couldnt see the difference between ether and they both felt the same to drive.

im getting worried if your getting 25000 rpm from the engine are you sure its a rover and not rolls royce aircraft engine :cheesy: