Ssangyong Anyone?

Man

Car
Sonata Gold
Hi all

Just wondering if anyone is driving a Ssangyong Actyon? Or knows this car well? I'm thinking if I should buy this car (used) but have been told by my mechanic that getting spare parts replacements could be quite a headache, and costly.

Any info will be very much appreciated! Thanks

Hey buddy

Thanks for the warm welcome and advice. It's really THAT bad huh?? I've read a couple of reviews that seem to speak well of it, plus the so-called Merc-licensed engine.

So you really think it's not a wise move too? Perhaps have to back to trusted brands. Any idea if the Hyundai Tucson is any good? Airwave is my other option too. And problem is I'm useless and helpless in evaluating cars :sad2:

No - dont buy it - they are CRAP - We have a SSangyong Musso, 6yrs since new, and it is going in 6 months, the diesel engine in them is rubbish! Mercedes maybe, but from the 1950's!

So far have replaced; radiator, all engine hoses, alternator, starter motor (after 2 yrs), engine fan, suspension, battery 3 times - and its all expensive.

Plus, think they have now gone bust so spare parts may become a headache in a few years,

wow, thanks for the valuable feedback. Anyone here actually drove an Actyon before? Any valuable feedbacks on Honda Airwave or the Subaru Forester 2.0 XT?? Are they any good?

thanks guys!

Hmm I've seen quite a bunch around where I live. Unfortunately I've heard they kinda stink... too bad. My dad's new car is actually a Tucson. Pretty nice damn car, I was jealous at first but later on I realized mine is better in certain aspects (more stability, more speedy rides:blink1:). So yeah, I'd recommend the Tucson.

Hello there and welcome to TorqueCars. I think you've already experienced our helpful unbiased and freely given opinions;) That's what forums are for.

What are you buying the car for? What are your needs? There must be better options out there for the money?

Hi Wayne

Thanks for the welcome!

Yes, truly appreciate all the advice given. And I have distanced myself from the Ssangyong - the price and design caught my eye initially.

I have decided to go for a safer bet - a Honda Airwave. Gives good fuel consumption and easier to maintain.

Thanks for all the help! :D

I guess it is solved. However, the question remains... Is Ssangyong that bad? We give you the facts... you get your own conclusions. See you next time, on TorqueCars TV *Host leaves stage, light dims completely and credits roll out* :blink:

Well I have had my Stavic for six years and have had no trouble, love it, drive great and excelent on fuel 10L per 100km. Looking to add a Actyon sports SPR in Feb 2012 and after doing a few mods to the suspension will be driving the Canning Stock Route with it. For people who dont know the Canning Stock Route it is the most toughest 4x4 track in the world. google it and you will see.
I am 100% confident the Actyon will pass the test with flying colours

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back