Speed Bumps

dpsubaru

The Torque Meister
Car
Subaru WRX Turbo 04
Is their a maximum legal height and slope to speedbumps? often i find that due to poor construction they develop potholes at the bottom making the situation worse when they arent easy seen (especially on the "down" side of the bump)?

It winds me up this. There is a road near me where the speed humps are so sharp that I can only go over them comfortably (i.e. not worried about killing the underside of my car) at 15mph. Car is not lowered, just a standard chassis fiesta. The road has a 30 mph limit?? Why slow me down to 15 mph when I can legally do 30? I would understand this if it was maybe a 20 zone but whats the point? lower / less harsh speed humps outside schools and stuff I understand (i don't agree with, but understand).

I would honestly prefer a speed camera. £60 fine is cheaper than a new sump lol.

im the same mate theres a few around here if i pretty much have to stop and go over them slowly even then you can here the lovely scrapping sound on the sump

Personally I think speed bumps are flawed. The ones that deflate when you go under 30 over them but stay hard over this are the best option.

In our area they are using the silly suare humps, 2 or 3 across the road. Big cars just sail over them and smaller cars are in my opinion dangerously thrown off balance as one wheel hits the hump and the other clears it.

Yeh we have alot of the stupid square ones. We also have alot of the ones made of brick which have got pot holes. We also have those even more stupid ones that are just a 2 metre long bump that even small cars clear, what are these designed to do LMAO???

It would appear that the Dover council are preferring to leave pot holes instead of fitting speed bumps! It is a lot cheaper and ten times more effective.

Personally I think speed bumps are flawed. The ones that deflate when you go under 30 over them but stay hard over this are the best option.

In our area they are using the silly suare humps, 2 or 3 across the road. Big cars just sail over them and smaller cars are in my opinion dangerously thrown off balance as one wheel hits the hump and the other clears it.

Seems to depend on how well installed they are.

In one village they are no problem at 30mph, yet almost everywhere else you can't go over them properly at above 15mph.

Ollerton Village has some really naff full length speed bumps that I'm pretty sure are illegal, yet nothing seems to have been done about them. They are a pain at 5mph.