sir2you

sir2you

Car
avensis 1.8 gs
Hi again, well I am gonna go ahead with trying for more gg`s out of my 98 Avensis 1800. Its only done 60,000 from new and was owned by an old lady that had all the services and uses absolutely NO oil at all, but 110mph is the absolute max and its not overly quick getting there.

So far I have restored and fitted mk3 golf GTI alloy wheels with new 195.60.15 tyres. Front and rear strut braces, Fast road discs & pads, big bore exhaust & K&N Induction kit. I am currently on the lookout for a 4a-ge head from a 1600 MR2. Several of this conversion have been made in Australia (though not here) and there is absolutely oodles about it on different sites for reference purposes.

Including a video of one tearing up the road in Oz on youtube! I want to try for a 130mph Avensis as cheaply as possible or one that really acelerates quickly (my last car was a 500sec Mercedes and this Toyota is just too slow.)

So, there it is, wish me luck. I will try to keep notes as I go and post them when its finished. Anyone with a blown up or cheap 1600 MR2 engine get in touch at keefyoz51@yahoo.co.uk

Last edited by a moderator:
Greetings and Welcome to our TorqueCars car Forum :)

Feel free to have a look around the website, there are many varied and interesting articles to read on all manner of car modifying subjects.
Also, you may find our members project threads and photo gallery very useful as a source of inspirational ideas towards your own very special project!

Enjoy! :)

Hi there, I hope you are well. May I wish you a warm welcome to TorqueCars, it is a pleasure to meet you.

You'll find us a pretty friendly bunch and I'm sure you'll start to love and enjoy the forums as much as we all do. (It gets quite addictive at times.)

Feel free to get involved in our other threads, all opinions are welcome and as they say "the more the merrier"! (It's also great when people start new threads and discussions and all adds to the great debate.)

Keep us up to date with your project as well, we like to see what people are getting up to with their cars.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back