should i fit a sports exhaust

ian ross

Car
cavi 1.7 td
recently got a cavi 1.7 diesel and was wanting to put a bore exhaust on it would u think its worth it can anyone one tell me also where i could pick up set of angel eyes also cheers

hey and welcome.
i wouldnt bother on something like the 1.7 as diesels normally have pretty good flow exhausts on them as standard. plus with it being an older type of diesel thell be even less of a gain. if your wanting noise then go back box
angel eyes - guessing youve tried ebay but why angel eyes?

There will be no gain at all. Just a load of noise.

There's not a lot can be doine with those engines to be honest, the technology is redundant now and they can't easily be tuned.

Angel eyes are technically illegal if you refer to the Vehicle Lighting Regulations.

There will be no gain at all. Just a load of noise.

There's not a lot can be doine with those engines to be honest, the technology is redundant now and they can't easily be tuned.

Angel eyes are technically illegal if you refer to the Vehicle Lighting Regulations.

there are a few things that can be done to improve the isuzu lump;)
hope this guide helps ian:D http://www.vauxhallownersnetwork.co.uk/showthread.php?77961-

You can play about with the turbo actuators and the fuel compensation but you won't get the kind of muscle offered modern diesel engines which are easily tuned via the diagnostic port. You might also find it can be a bit sooty if you go too far.

What you will find though is that the Isuzu engines are utterly bulletproof :)

Be careful with the angel eyes though, they're not type approved as an aftermarket fitment - you don't want to invite needless police attention. The same problem exists with aftermarket HID lighting.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back