Shortest time you've ever owned a car

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What is the shortest period of time you have owned a car for and why was this such a short period of time?

Mine was a Renault 9TLE and I wrote it off within 2 weeks!:evil:

um, would just like to point out that i never ever drove it, i had it given to me, fixed for the MOT and then sold it on - my dad took it down for the mot. lets not mention it again eh?

Toyota Supra turbo. Didn't like going around corners and was costing close to 40ppm in fuel. less than 1 week.
VW t25, purchased monday evening, sold thursday evening with a £1300 proffit. the engine on my own t25 blew up the same day and cost me £1300 to replace, so everything evened out.

On the other hand i baught a 205 diesel for £100 to tie me over for 2 weeks until I found a decent van, never got a van and the 205 was with me for 18 months until i part ex'd it (against the supra) Good car that 205, a grin every day

1st car, rover metro given to me by my dad, i took it out for a drive, 10mins into it n everything went wrong, black smoke out the back end, brakes starting to fail, handbrake cable snapped so i decided to drive it to the scrap yard, i found out that it had killed itself... so it went to car heaven
i did get £40 for destroying it
so about 1 hour lol

So far, our Freelander TD4. Had it 10 months - sold it as it was only fun in the snow, and boringly slow the rest of the year.

The Golf V5 might trump it though, my girlfriend crashed it over the weekend - we've had it 6 weeks. Depends what the assessors say.