shaggy

shaggy

Car
peugeot 206 gti
hi shaggy here after a year with my pug 206 gti i thought it was about time to srart tuning it at the momet i have fitted a magnex cat back exhaust and bmc air filter. the filter and exhaust look the part but i dont think i gained much in bhp so now i am thinking about a cam and chip but am a bit unshour about what to do i would like to tune my car for trak days so will be chageing my brakes and suspension but same againe i dont know what to go for with so many kits out there so any info would really help.
shaggy:blink:

Hello Shaggy. I love the 206Gtis they are great track day cars and my frind had one which he let me borrow for a weekend and it was the most fun car i have ever driven. Dun think a chip will do much for a non turbo car but youll have to see what the other guys on here say.

hey and welcome shaggy. it might be an idea to see if danny180 can get in touch with you as he has a supercharged 180 gti. like wyze says you not get much benefit from a remap ( the easier way of chipping without causing damage to the ECU ) maybe 5-8 bhp. would also recommend changing the fuel pressure regulator

hi mate i will hopeing fof around the 200 mark but i would like more but i think to get more out my car i will have go down the turbo route

hi mate i will hopeing fof around the 200 mark but i would like more but i think to get more out my car i will have go down the turbo route. thanks for the info on the fuel regulator iwill have to look into getting one.

Hi Shaggy and welcome to TorqueCars. Forced induction is really the best way of getting silly power figures for your car. You need to choose between a turbo or supercharger. The kits i've seen seem to work pretty well on Pug engines.

hi waynne ithink i will be turbo or superchargeing my and bin the idear of bike carbs i just have to make up my mind about which one because supercharges have powe as soon as you put down but turbos have that kick in ass power that every one like. il let you know when i make my mind up

Stay in touch (theres lots of other interesting threads!) I'm certainly curious to see which route you decide on.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back