Seats Leather or cloth?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Most people say they prefer leather seats but when you have had some you find they are realy cold in winter and hot and sticky in the summer.

If you have kids then people say leather is easier to clean.

Do you prefer leather seats to cloth ones? What about half leather - is that a good compromise?

im a little bias here but would say leather and i dont feel the cold in winter or the heat in summer as my seat is always has a seat cover on dont really mind about the passengers

Too right!! Start caring about the passengers when they pay the bills! :lol:

I currently have cloth and quite like it...but I have been thinking about switching to leather when I start modding the interior.

i have leather in both my cars changed the trans am to leather cos it look better and i like leather the volvo it was one of the things it had to have had to be leather and auto

and i always have my overalls on so i dont feel the hot or cold but then if it is really cold i got heated seats and they get very hot

I perfer leather. They look much nicer and i dont find them hot in summer

like we have a summer in this country :rolleyes:

id deffinately have leather. 1/2 and 1/2 to me looks naff :s plus then the sides of your legs sticks! (if wearing shorts)

i hate it when people eat in my car then stuff the wrappers down the sides of the doors, or chuck there bottles in the back! ive cleaned it out twice already this week cos my gf shovin all the the bloody chewy wrappers down the side, along with milf chocy buttons, ive told her loads of times, so i just do it to her car HAHAHa!

all the cars i have owned in the past have had cloth seats and really liked them ..even more so when i owned my peugeot 406 coupe with the recaros in...but now have full black leather seats in my BMW and now i think all cars in the future will def be having the leather..

they look so much more classy and are really comfy and are very easy to keep clean...

Leather can be nice and last longer, but if you buy an older car with leather you need to check, not that it has worn out, but that the stiching has not come apart.

leather leather leather! its not too cold in winter, mainly cos im wrapped up anyway, and in summer sometimes my legs stick but meh who cares not like its hot all summer here :lol: im deffo gettin full leather in mine, atm its only leather round the outsides, looks quite nice

my cougars got cloth seats had planned to get them retrimmed in leather but am starting to like the cloth so this money will be spent on other mods now

id like leather, but i wouldnt go looking to buy it
cloth is ok, but some cloth material can be a nighmare to clean, it attracts the fluff from clothes, the only way to get it off is celotape

in saying that, if a prelude comes to a scrapyard with leather, and the price is good, i will pick it up because without doubt, leather is the classy touch to any interior