screw 3rd time lucky

steve09

Track Warrior
Car
Honda NSR 125R
i passed my cbt today, quite happy with it :)

did it on wednesday, while doing the slow speed manouvers in the yard i dropped the bike (almost, only the exsaust kissed the floor) a couple of times, and after lunch the instructor said i wasnt ready for the road ride, no biggie, just come back another day and you will get it.

went back today, did all of the slow stuff good without dropping it :p

went out on the road and did pretty good.
only had one little 'hiccup' where started going round a corner, didnt notice it was a double apex half way round (sweeping corner btw)

got half way round, and made a dash for the kurb lol, kinda kicked off at the kurb which hurt my foot a bit but allowed me to lean over a bit more which in turn, turned me a bit more and got round the corner.

other than that all good.

thought i would let you lot know.
and now all i have to do it pass my car test on the 18th of november.

:)

i have to empathize with all you over there. In the states we get our auto permit/license when we are 15/16 depending on the state. Some you can get it earlier if it is for work purposes. Also, if you want a motorcycle/bike license you have to get an endorsement on your regular one. They do put limits on driving after you first get your license, like no driving at night or no passengers for the first year, except family, but small price to pay imo.

aye with the CBT you can only ride a 125cc, no pillion and not on motorways. but once i have done my DAS full test, i can ride anything anyware :D, will be doing that in a couple of months after i get the money when i start work on sunday.

hope i pass my car test on the 18th, will get a sexy pink licence :p and get rid of the bg ass red L on it too.

one thing tho.

an A41.8t or civic 1.6vtec B16A2????

i dont really know how the A4 handles but i really like it, and its a bit more powerful than the honda. by about 30 bhp, and as im going as a named driver on my dads policy it is ALOT lower.

A4's are typically Audi in handling terms. Seemingly limitless grip but in spite of that they can be a bit underwhelming to drive unless you go for the high performance models. Possibly because the chassis is very capable and the more modest engines can't really exploit its strengths. The 1.8T is a commendable 150bhp unit but there's not enough midrange shove to give the car (and driver) something to think about. But they're still very good cars and should feature on your short list.

i think there is a 190bhp version, (well there was when i went into the forcourt, might have just been in newer models.) but atm i am not looking for out an out drag car, as i am picking up a bike that will give your 406 a run for its money 0-60.

i will be tuning my car once i have got a couple of years NCB as it will be silly money atm. im thinking of getting the Avante ver of a A4 as then i can pick up bikes in the back of it. (going to be getting crash damaged one's then restoring them an then selling off or keeping if i like it)

does anyone know if you need to get a bike a SVA test on a bike thats been rebuilt?