Roadworks giving me a 10 minute detour

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
There are road works near my house and it means it takes me an extra 10 minutes to go around the diversion. Crazy!

If drivers that wanted to turn left on the main road just turned left before and travelled parallel to the main road it would make things flow so much better and probably save everyone 5 minutes at least!

They seem to be digging up my entire town to fit gas pipes. What is your area like for road works at the moment?

Because they are morons! They take what they perceive to be their normal route without considering the additional right turn traffic now using the same junction.

That's the normal driver for you, in autopilot for most of the time. When I intalled diversions, it took around 3 days to a week for drivers to start to look for alternative routes other than the advertised one. Once they did this and also started to stagger journey times the traffic congestion would ease. If there is no alternative route then only changing journey times will help.

The roads in Basingstoke have loose chippings and no markings it seems wherever you turn its paintwork destruction.

I think the coincil have changed the priority of the kenpas lights in cov cos the last few days it has been mental. This is where a great big 6inch satnav with live tracfic comes in handy...

The roads in Basingstoke have loose chippings and no markings it seems wherever you turn its paintwork destruction.

Sounds like the roads have been surface dressed. Lines can't be replaced until chip embedment is complete and the road has been swept.

Sounds like the roads have been surface dressed. Lines can't be replaced until chip embedment is complete and the road has been swept.

Yes the lines are being done now the chippings have bedded in.
Its a nightmare as they seem to have done most of the main roads
at once.