replacing panels for weight? geo prizm...

seditionchase

Car
1995 Geo Prizm 1.6L
hi all, and merry christmas btw!

i'm looking to lighten my car's weight by getting a carbon fiber or fiberglass bonnet and boot. i'm not sure where i could purchase these though, i've looked online and they mostly seem to only be pre-made for muscle cars... i have a compact economy car, so basically the exact opposite vehicle, lol.

just so you know, my car is a 1995, 1.6 liter geo prizm that i'm looking to engine swap to the supercharged 4A-GZE. and then nitrous is a possible step up from there that i've been looking at. i've also been stripping out interior parts to cut down the weight and make it drag-strip-worthy, and in the meantime i'm painting those pieces so when they go back in i'll have a sportier looking daily car.

as my first car and after all i've been through with it, i'm pretty attached to the little thing, so i feel it deserves better than the level of performance it's at now.

anyways, as for the exterior replacement parts, would i need to talk to someone who works with custom body jobs? what would be the best way to go about doing this? i know the toyota corolla is a pretty close match, maybe the carbon fiber hood i've found online for that would fit the geo too?

thanks for your help!

If you can't buy off-the-shelf then the only route will be custom. Be warned though it will no doubt be expensive. I can't say whether or not the Corrolla bonnet/hood would fit but personally wouldn't take the chance.