Removing scratches and dents?

I was wondering, as i am about to buy a very scratched car, what is the best way to remove most light scratches? T cut? or what? and light dents, I was thinking filler and paint would look awful. Any tricks here? Thank you

how light i have used autoglym super resin before to get rid of scraches
worked on my landrover and i off road that and bloke i work with after it drove into a bush
have to work it hard but worked well

Try the T-CUT metalic stuff as this is a lot milder than the standard stuff. Also do it by hand rather than by using a buffing machine.

how scratched ?
im going against both here super resin has very little cut to it and just fills light scratches and can mask other ones.
buffing machine is a necessity to break down the polish quicker otherwise you will be there for hours
try looking at 3m fast cut plus - green top
and then a more milder polish to finish it off. it will take a lot of time however as ive spend around 16hrs and still have a few noticeable scratches on mine

below is a pic of a bonnet of a 207 that i did last month
around 40mins was spent on the bonnet
IMG_0771.jpg

LHS had been polished by machine with a mild cut polish and RHS (bumber) untouched
and another one
LHS untouched RHS polished
IMG_0767.jpg

these swirals were caused by poor washing and not even really that deep

heres a bad one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2Xu7psOies&feature=player_embedded
rolls royce - took the guy 80 hours to clean it up

As above. Deep deep scratches will never come out. Try a PDR man for the dents, they can work wonders these days. Really need to get that detailing guide finished but I have so much on my plate atm.

how light i have used autoglym super resin before to get rid of scraches worked on my landrover and i off road that and bloke i work with after it drove into a bush have to work it hard but worked well

If Autoglym's Super Resin polish doesn't work, you can try their paint restorer as well. It's really good stuff.