Recreation Vehicles - this they are not

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
The more I think about the term recreational vehicles the more I think that the term is totally wrong.

Recreation in my mind means Fun, Relaxing and enjoying myself. I can't actually think of anything labelled RV that will fit that description.

What sort of vehicles do you think should go into this label?

dont have a clue vans with a bar bed and sky ?? lol

like that blue cosworth van on you tube lol

Last edited by a moderator:
beach buggy with a 3L v6.

i think that would be pretty fun to drive around a beach or field.

-Extreme 4x4's-not suitable for road conditions! :amazed:

-any vehicle that has more HP than it weights! :blink:

-anything that can get your adrenaline to the point of a heart attack! :lol:

i consider rvs to be extremely modded trucks, suvs, vans, and jeeps (off-road) mods, atvs, dune buggys, dirt bikes and the like. never could figure out why they label those self propelled trailor homes rv. cant take em anywhere, can't drive em on anything but freeways, and they have so many gizmos now adays one thing goes wrong you spend your whole trip trying to fix it.

So if you like recreation to be exiting and fun it needs big wheels, big torque and big noise.

If you like to take it more easy then anything with a bed and stove? :lol:

So if you like recreation to be exiting and fun it needs big wheels, big torque and big noise.

If you like to take it more easy then anything with a bed and stove? :lol:

not quite. i prefer the regular camping with just a sleeping bag and a tarp. do most of my cooking over the camp fire. drives my wife nuts. bought a 47' rv for her but never use it lol

That sounds about right for me!:bigsmile:
what ever happened to being in the great outdoors. those big rigs make it so you might as well just stay at home and have a bonfire in your back yard.

*they even have some that the wall folds down into a porch now. come on people. and before you say anything yes i own one, but only use it when i want the wife to come along. the rest of the time i go in the burban and once in a blue moon do i take anything besides a bedroll, cooking gear and some firewood.

Last edited:
I was refering to the big wheels,big torque and big noise! Not the RV part. Like a truck with 400 small block, duel exhaust, radio cranked, 6 inch body lift with 12 inch suspension kit riding on a set of 44's in a mud pitt or down by the lake!