Rallycross racing buggy

Hello everybody!

It has been long time since my last post but now everything is set up to continue with my project I wrote about 2 years ago.
It is going about rallycross racing buggy - very similar to Race of champions (ROC) buggy just with much more power and semi slicks.
Also races will be very similar, I will race on SS asphalt stages in same class as Rally cars like Škoda S2000, EVO IX class F, WRC and so on ...

So far we made 2.0 turbo engine with 290bhp and 520nm fitted on Audi S4 4WD gearbox modded to 2WD only, so buggy has RWD.

But now we have problems with setting it up. Car has good cornering entrance but very bad exit because of open differential.
We plan to put anti roll bar on front to stick rear tires on ground but I don't think that will work since engine and gearbox is placed behind so I will have problems with understeer.
Possible solution would be LSD but it is very expensive here so I look for other solutions.
Has here anyone experience with closed diff? I heard it has bad entrance understeer. Is it possible to fix that with stabilisators, toe, camber ...?

I would be very grateful for any hints you can share!

Pictures will be posted after I hit 10 posts. :)

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back