Racing drivers memorable Quotes

TCJBOLDIE

Staff member
Car
2011 Honda FN2
Always remember thees ones:lol:
Dick Johnson Trying to pass John Bowe in the Volvo 240T is like trying to pass a block of flats as he makes it seem that wide.

DJ again That's as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike.

Jim Richards at Bathurst 1000 when the race was stopped due to heavy rain and a big crash that blocked the track and JR & Mark Scaffe were declared winners in a Skyline GTR and were booed by a large section of the crowd when they were on the podium.
'You are a pack of A### H###S

This was unprecedented as Jim was known as "gentleman Jim" and for having webbed feet for his car control in the wet

A bit more info to clarify

This also would be the series where after complete domination they changed the format so the GTRs couldnt race anymore

Although it was a 2.6 twin turbo it was racing big V8s and despite getting bigger and bigger weight penalties still kept winning . So they banned awd cars

V8 purists don’t like to admit it, but the Nissan GT-R which won at Bathurst in 1991 and 1992 was easily the best race car ever seen in the 1000 at that point.
With turbochargers, all-wheel drive, all-wheel steer and state of the art engine management system, the Nissans compared to the Holdens and Fords was like using a calculator instead of an abacus. In 1991 Mark Skaife’s pole time was a whole 2.2 seconds quicker than the next non-Nissan.

Their race time of 6 hours and 19 minutes wasn't beaten for 20 years until 2011, ironically by Skaife and Craig Lowndes. The Ford Sierra put a bit of ground on the GT-R in terms of pace in 1992, but Skaife and Jim Richards won that race all but controversially. The V8-loving crowd didn’t like that too much, prompting Richards to call them a “pack of arseholes”. Right now many of you are probably feeling a sense of outrage at the Nissan’s rank in this list, but even the most bias of V8 fan has to admit that ‘Godzilla’ was one amazing machine.

Not from a driver but I love Churchill's reply to a woman at a political rally who said something along the lines of " prime minister you are drunk" and the quick witted WC replied "Madam you're ugly but in the morning I'll be sober" Touche !!