Putting a 2.0 RS in a 2.0 zetec?

robbors

Car
focus 2.0
Orite lads,
First post here so hello all :D
Well i have a 2.0 2001 focus zetec and want to drop a 2.0 focus RS turbo engine in, anyone done it before? would it work?
I have bought a breaker Focus RS from an auction and i have all the parts minus some of the body work.
Any help would be great
Thanks!

Hi there robbors, Sorry I missed your post it sounds like a great project. The RS engines are pretty rare so well done on getting one.

It sounds like a sensible swap to me although I'm pretty sure you'd be the first. As long as you have the gearbox, wiring loom and exhaust you should be ok.

PLEASE UPRATE THE BRAKES. It will be going a lot faster and also be heavier than it was with the RS lump in it.

Keep us posted with your progress, I love these threads!

Yeah i think the breaker has the Brembo brake calipers so they will be going on. Do you think the engine mounts will need more support? it has a 2.0 zetec engine in now so id of thought they would have been ok.
It should have everything with it i mean it drives and the engine starts so everything should be all ok (even got all the sparco seats:cheesy:).

Is there any other things you can think of that need to go in.

The mounts should be ok. They tend to over engineer them.

What put it in the breakers yard then? It sounds like you have come up trumps!

Sparco seats as well! You don't mess around do you.

Erm well it looks like its been hit from the side, maybe the RS thought he could run some lights haha no idea but the door still opens seems the focus's really are safe cars. When its all done i mite stick a 1.6 badge on just to be cheeky :cheesy:

The breakers are awesome but the downside is you need a breaker lisence which luckily my mates dad has, alot of the cars that arent alowed back on the road are bought by polish and taken to poland bodged up and are ready to go i guess.

Thanks for the help aswell :D

P.s. one more thing ive just noticed the RS has a diffrent differential on the front wheels what would you do about it should i leave it out? i have no clue with diffs :S

I would use the RS diff. It will give much better results than the standard one (it is probably has a semi locking or torque bias.)