Problem with my Galant

andrec1831

Car
mitsubishi galant
Hi Has anybody out there had a problem with a Mitsubishi Galant 2 litre gls? it feels like its running on three plugs but its not ,it has no power ticks over lumpy and sounds like it is suckingin a lot of air.
We have been advised to change cat in case its blocked did that no joy,change mas air flow meter done that still no joy had aa out couldnt fix it,please can anyone help its a great looker too far too good to scrap.
Cheers Andy

Do you have a 'check engine' light on ? If so, have you tried to download the fault codes ?
How do you know it's not running on all cylinders ? Have you isolated the cylinders one at a time by disconnecting the H.T. leads ?
It's very hard to help with so little info. It's a Mitsu so prone to ECU faults too.
Give me more info and i'll be able to help.

Hi Mate there are no engine lights on dash thats is why every 1 having problem diagnosing problem,aa chap took out plugs but they all look good ,no I havnt tried dissconnecting ht leads two plugs are on leads and two are fed to coils,I will try anything this problem has been with us all week and nobody seems to be able to help ,even main dealer didnt want to know ,probably because its too old for them
Andy

Hi Andy,

My workshop number is 01579 321010, if you can give me a call on monday or any day really, i'll see what we can do to help you diagnose your problem.

Cheers, Mark.

Hi Sadly no I am so frustrated had a lead of cb who said could be ecu unit mobile mechanic on way now who said he has equipment to plug in and diagnose if he does I will be shocked as no one else around here has, even my local dealer. thankyou I will let you have update later
Cheers Andy

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back