Positive thoughts - what car to replace with

It seems I've also dismissed Volvo as being expensive to maintain. Historically, yes, perhaps they were.

But Parker's guide gives a very different view indeed. Perhaps Volvo has had to make progress in the reliability and servicing/repair cost areas simply to compete with such humble offerings as the Ford Mondeo, which is, in fairness, a magnificient example of a mainstream car with class leading dynamics.

What about an S80, then? There's a massive choice of engines. Perhaps I'll have to get a derv one just to keep some of you wind up merchants happy. Hang on though, you can pick on me 'cos it's a Volvo - that should keep you lot amused for a while.

yes get a s80 i was going to sell my c70 for one but bought the trans am instead
and even the diesels are good and pull well

i would have any new volvo they are so nice one of them cars you can drive anywere and have no pains (unless the misses is in the car lol )

yes get a s80 i was going to sell my c70 for one but bought the trans am instead
and even the diesels are good and pull well

i would have any new volvo they are so nice one of them cars you can drive anywere and have no pains (unless the misses is in the car lol )

Thanks for your positive comments. I'm not totally dismissing diesel as I like the flexibility that the manual ones offer.

IF I do go for another derv fuelled car then I will have a performance custom map made to suit my car. The Volvo D5 models are well suited to my driving style and a sympathetic remap can make 'em go very well indeed.

I am not going to let a RTA that was not my fault compromise my choice of car. There's no way I'm about to buy a Vauxhall Agila 1.2 or any other such torqueless bone of a car.

I have massive sympathy with the driver of the car the drove across me, thus causing the accident - that driver didn't need the inconvenience either but I'm not about to reproach myself for doing anything wrong.

I do want to revert to automatic transmission - I like the two pedal drive feel.

For all those who think autos leave them without control - they rely upon the clutch for control. I have very precise right foot control of the accelerator pedal.

I suppose the best it could get is a clutchless manual - something like the Golf or ibiza with the DSG arrangement.

If you've never driven a DSG I would encourage you to do so. It is a very very impressive system and very fast to respond.

I think you will be impressed with the Mazda 3 with the 2.3 L MZR DISI Turbo: 260 PS (191 kW), 380 N·m (280 lb·ft) I really do think you will like this.

How is the claim going? Any sign of an offer yet? What do you think they will offer you?

I think you will be impressed with the Mazda 3 with the 2.3 L MZR DISI Turbo: 260 PS (191 kW), 380 N·m (280 lb·ft) I really do think you will like this.

How is the claim going? Any sign of an offer yet? What do you think they will offer you?

The car is still in police retention. As is the one that drove across me and caused the accident.

It seems that the Police are not especially interested in a simple 2 car crash with no other aggravating factors such as drink-driving, uninsured, unlincensed etc. No injuries bar a few bruises etc.

Surely - they'll go over both cars for prints, drugs, firearms etc. That's fair enough,- there's none of any in mine.

It' doesn't seem to be a priority.

Even on crash day when a traffic officer brought my house keys and wallet to me in casualty dept an 11.30pm he asked me to be patient - "don't worry mate - it could well be middle of next week before we get around to taking a statement from you".

all involved are very lucky to have got away with minor injuries - no broken bones, bleeding etc.

Modern cars are bloody strong.

It's a good option but I'm thinking of going back to petrol for reasons of simplicity/cost of servicing etc.

Besides, I don't have anough cash to be in the E320CDi market.

Somewhat the opposite. If they didn't have crumple zones or any give you'd most likely have a broken neck or back our kid lol.

If modern cars were rigid throughout then I'd probably not be posting this. Dead would be a better term.

The curmple zones, including those of the car I hit side on were well designed. I managed to move my car away from the B pillar, even under the extreme comditions that the impact occured and I managed (god only knows how) to hit the side of the engine bay of the car that drove across my path., There was a four pillar sign post which might have chopped my car to bits.

My car took a lot more damage as a result of this. I did my very best to avoid hitting the passenger comparment of the car which drove acrosss my path.

Let's hope that thsi never happens again, either to me or anyone else.

sadly, It will. A few fractions of seconds inattanetion can lead to tragedy and disaster.