polishing and waxing

have just boughht some clean cut polish and turtle wax to get out some blemishs in paint
there is a bit of a dep scratch and its starting to rust abit
what can i do for that
and could some one tell me the best way to get a good finish
i alreadsy looked at the thingo on main website
but yeh :)

unfortunatly if the scratch is down to the metal and its rusting then there isnt alot you can do apart from respray or replace panel :(

never used turtle wax myself so dont know how good or effective it is, normally use auto glym paint renovator to get minor scratches and imperfections out them meguires wax to bring back the shine.

If it is a minor scratch then scrape off the rust with a razor blade. Then apply some kurust or similar rust hardener/inhibitor and build up the paint layer with a touch up pen. Finally sand smooth, laquer and polish then wax and you should (if the paint is a good match) have a near invisible repair. It does take a long time to do. If it is a big scratch then new panel/respray are your options as 2f2c says.

i always use autoglym have been using deep shine brings dark colours up well black comes up well

but no w i have my new motor and is a black one i am trying out some new stuff
first a clean with some good shampoo then a polish with super resin polish (all auto glym) then a wax with the hd wax but its not cheap stuff the hd wax is 30 quid for a small tub but if it brings it up will then its worth it plus it gets cleaned every saturday
the super resin is good to get rid of the swiel marks on the pain work
then for the wheels am just about to order some stuff from the states that looks good thin it works out about 25 quid a bottel with shipping but if it looks like the pics on other forums then its worth it

once i have the car on the road and moved from the space its in i will give it a good clean and get some pics up

if you havent sprayed a panel before, dont bother attempting it, because you wouldnt want to make it worse, call for some one to repair it, then if they ruin it, its down to them. good luck mate