Planning to upgrade a NASP 3.0 V6 Eclipse.

jocollins

Car
Eclipse GT 3.0 V6
I am here because I have always wanted to Turbo a car that came stock w/out one. I would rather not make some BIG MISTAKES by jumping into it w/out enough knowledge, and ruin my engine!

I would love to know some common mistakes people make, and ANY TIPS you may have.

I work in a garage and have some experience in Metal Fabrication, but am ready to learn.

Torquecars.com has taught me a lot of things already. GREAT WEBSITE!

Well you have the N/A engine from the 3000GTO i think (dont hold me to that) So the easiest as cheapest option would be to buy a rear end smashed GTO and use the engine from that. But there is so much you'll have to upgrade to take the extra power like suspension, brakes, possibly the loom and definatly the ecu. front and rear, upper and lower strut braces wouldn't go a miss to stop chassis flex.

Well I do have upgraded brakes (front slotted/drilled, rear disks) and upgraded suspention.

I am concerned about ECU and injectors though. I do not know how much fuel upgrading I would have to do.

Thanks for the info. I appreciate your response.

I have thought about the VR4 (twin turbo) engine, but realize that that is a fairly rare car. I have not been able to find a place that has that engine.
Let me know if anyone can find one.

The Turbo project is one that I have always wanted to get into. I am not interested in dumping a whole lot of wasted time and money into something that is not practical, but I am really interesting in the project.

Last edited:
Manual. I really hope to be able to get this one, although if I can locate a 300gt VR-4 (TWIN TURBOS!--321HP stock!!!) for a decent price, I might just do the swap. The 2000 Eclipse GT came with about 210HP stock, so the VR-4 would be a MUCH better engine to start with!

Eclipse is fun to drive though.

Parts are easily available for you in the USA. If you need links let me know, unless you have plenty of that stuff anyway.
Yes, the 6G72 engine is quite powerful with a pair of tubs on it. We're just about to put a stand alone management system on mine, fed up with piggy back systems.

Hi jo and welcome to TorqueCars, good to have you with us. Tell all of your friends about us, the more the merrier as they say.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back