picks of my engine bay

From August onwards there will be a new section called Built not Bought, the Volvo will be the first car featured :)

Never! get out of town! :amazed: that is so cool - I'm over the moon for you claymore! :bigsmile:

I shall set a reminder on my calender to buy that August edition :)

Just had an interview today, and it would seem it's going to be a four page feature.

Last edited:
All welded together:
20120529_163340.jpg

And all back together :)

20120601_184802.jpg

Good stuff claymore, you must be able to take that supercharger in & out blindfolded by now ;)
Yep, I can take the radiator, intercooler and charger all off in less than an hour, not that I need to.

So, I painted all the boost pipes:
20120604_130223.jpg

Now it's time to move onto the inside.
20120615_173051.jpg

20120615_173247.jpg

20120617_161044.jpg

20120617_161053.jpg

20120617_164942.jpg

20120617_165005.jpg

Your skills are just brilliant! I wish I could do half the stuff you can! :( How long did it take you to build the cage?

Your skills are just brilliant! I wish I could do half the stuff you can! :( How long did it take you to build the cage?
The main hoop is out of an RS Turbo, the back legs took me a couple of hours, and I still have to make the front legs, but would think about the same amount of time.

The main hoop is out of an RS Turbo, the back legs took me a couple of hours, and I still have to make the front legs, but would think about the same amount of time.

Once been driving for a while, I am putting a cage in my car. I doubt it would be a full cage, but none the less, I plan too. Where did you get the pipe bending do-hickey?

Started on the front pipes today, but I didn't quite get it right, so I'll have to do it again, but at least I can use the bad one as a template.

20120619_180133.jpg

20120619_175742.jpg

This is turning into a proper track weapon! It's just missing some serious seats, how you drive hard in them I'll never know. I fly out of mine on track and they're a lot better shaped than that.

This is turning into a proper track weapon! It's just missing some serious seats, how you drive hard in them I'll never know. I fly out of mine on track and they're a lot better shaped than that.
I've already sold these seat's, just haven't got round to fitting the replacements yet ;)

Put the car on one of those mobile dynos at Santapod yesterday,
quite happy with that at 15 psi boost, so when I wind it up to 22 psi that should equate to something around 365bhp, then with a little squirt as well should easily see it over 400bhp.

Untitled-4.jpg

thats a nice torque curve mate, really smooth..... Much better than the last time i seen it on the rollers....
Must be your DIY mapping :)