picks of my engine bay

The graph is all over the place, but it is unmapped, so it is kinda expected, can't wait to to see what the graph looks like when mapped the torque curve should be awesome

Now sitting a bit lower to the ground
2011-05-23111436.jpg

2011-05-23111418.jpg

2011-05-23111404.jpg

Looks cool mate,

What suspension are you running now then? Also what wheels are they?they look like Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2's but there are slightly different...

I'm using fk coilovers on the front and fk dampers and springs on the back, the wheels are 18" Rays on for road and 17" bk299 with yokohama slicks for track.
2011-05-23182508.jpg

Proper slicks aaaaaiiiiiiiiiiii! Those graphs are all over the place lol, got a better view of an AFR and boost graph? Or just that one if they are all on one.

Wow, there proper slicks, fair play mate :) bet they play havock on your running gear though, balljoints etc...
the car only gets used on the odd weekend now, so consumables are a less of a worry :) I'm at york raceway this weekend for a bit of quarter mile action again, so look out for some videos next week :)

Proper slicks aaaaaiiiiiiiiiiii! Those graphs are all over the place lol, got a better view of an AFR and boost graph? Or just that one if they are all on one.
the sensor was deliberately left out of the exhaust because we knew it was overfueling badly and didn't want to screw Mike's equipment up. we knew there would be no issues with the car running lean..lol

Fair enough mate, looks like just the job for ya,

I'd get a GTI6 and use it as a track car if I could use something like that... I'd love to learn how to map an ECU, it's such a fine art and I'm completely fasinated by it....
I know I got the mechical pump on my derv but if I had the knowledge then I'd go ECU be it petrol or diesel.

Very nice! :) is it straight forward to tune it yourself then using the software provided, or do you still need to have more than a good working knowledge of turbos in general to be able to use it effectively? :amuse:
thankfully Adam Webber (TT Owner) will help me with a base map to get going and he's always on the end of the phone if/when i need advice.

cool mate, is that water spary for the intercooler?
is that topmount intercooler any good as I'm cosidering replacing my top mount

As you can see, its not far off the standard one, I just had to tweak it a bit, and yes she's nice and stiff again.
SG202051.jpg

I have to say that I am surprised that an aluminium strut brace of this diameter and shape can control the strut flex of a car this heavy. If it was in steel and a bigger diameter then I could accept it, but I can't see how this can work.

I am obviously wrong and missing something, but this just looks too spindly to me. It looks thinner than the straight one I plan to fit to the Elan.

Last edited:
@ Jarrus, the pipe is for co2 spray, I just thought I might need it on the drag strip, the TMIC works fine for me, and they're dirt cheap on e bay.
@ OG, I agree, when I first saw these genuine Volvo strut braces, I was very skeptical, but the difference it makes is phenomenal, it's definitely the first mod to be made to any 850/ X70 Volvo
@ Loz, best time on the day was 14.802 @ 98 mph, it was at York Raceway and the track was pants, I'll be at Avon in early July (with a bit of laughing gas) so times should improve.

I spent the morning bolting the car all back together, just when I was about finished (just fitting the downpipe) what do I spy on the floor? a bloody exhaust manifold gasket :( , so off with the turbo again and the manifold and start all over again.
4:30 and it's all back together and running, :) I must say it's very loud lots of banging on the over-run, just got to let the ecu learn again now.
I'll put a vid of the exhaust up tomorrow.

No, still not mapped, If it was running lean i would get it done sooner, but as it's running rich I'm not so worried and I want all the mods in place first (which they now are)
It now has a 16T with the later hot side and a turbo back system with no cat and a cherrybomb just to dull the noise slightly.